1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

OMG Look at all these NOS Basses...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by unbasslichkeit, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Don't know how old this page is, but Fatdawg & Subway Guitars of Berkeley CA (where I got my Danelectro hollwbody is apparently selling off another collection of instruments...

http://www.fatdawg.com/elks/

NOS '69 P-Bass:crying:

img_2835.

2. DAYUM!!! :eek:

I hate to say it but I'd take that Gibson SG Geetar :bassist:

For my Son of course :cool:

3. Siegy

Siegy

Jun 28, 2007
    Central Neb.
    Where was he keeping all of this stuff? A lot of it is pretty beat up.

4. How cool is that! I can just imaging that wonderful vintagy smell just looking at those pix.

5. Oh, my wow!

img_2892.

6. DazzyPig

DazzyPig

Jul 16, 2007
    Birmingham UK
    "Who me? Yea i always carry 3 empty guitar cases on me, just carry on with what you're doin', pretend i'm not even here"

there goes a bradaster a 60's L5 and a 68' 175

That collection must be worth easily £half a million maybe close to a whole £1m! wow

7. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I couldn't think of a worse tragedy: all those classic axes in the hands of a shyster like Fat Dawg. I would be very careful buying any of that stuff knowing his reputation.

8. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    That mid 60's L5 and the 1950!!! Broadcaster did it for me. That collection would eat up a big game ticket winnings real quick. But to be honest, if I had to keep it, theirs not one bass there I'd trade my Sadowsky for. But the guitars are sick, a couple of them are six figure axes.

9. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

They're makin' good stuff these days that are brand new.

Why deplete the IRA account for something you can buy new for a 10th or 20th of the price of an ostensible classic?

Maybe I'm a cheapskate...probably.

10. mikopita

mikopita Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2007
    Florida

What's his deal?