Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OMG!!! MY BROTHER IS HONESTLY GOING TO KILL ME THIS TIME

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Coutts_is_god, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Ok so we have play station 2. I wanted to play his Resident evil out break game. So I plug it in and I play. It says saving game. So I freaked out and trunned the stupid thing off while it was saving. Now it says error can not load. HOW DO I GET IT TO NOT ERROR AND LOAD!!!!!!?!!!!!

Someone please help me.
    Last time I played this stupid resdent evil game I screwed up his saved game.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Uh, you can't... start running... and don't turn back.

Lesson learned: When playing someone elses game UNPLUG THE MEMORY CARD!

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Dude....yer toast. You fried the memory card. Everything on that memory card is g-o-n-e....GONE!

-Mike

4. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I think you did this time, too. :meh:

Pretend like it never happened... :bag:

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Yep, pray.

6. Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

Dec 8, 2004
    Easy. Blame it on someone else. Moms are always good for that :D

7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I'd probably just spare some time and kill yourself now, because you're going to be dead pretty soon anyway.

8. You could always be honest...you know, tell him you came home to intruders abusing his PS2. Naturally, you surpised them, and during the fantastic and heroic struggle that followed, it was turned off during a save. Of course, you'd have to punch yourself a few times to make it believable. It would help if you video taped this step and put it up here so we can make sure you're doing it right.

Seriously, though, I'd start with a sincere apology, a new memory card, and some cool beverages when he starts working back through the game.

9. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Play dumb.

10. do your best the Qintar impersonation and beat him up.

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Screwed. There's a reason there's a specific screen that says "Do not touch PS2 power or Memory Card." So, you not only beefed his saved game, but everything on the card. Which ups it to saved games.

Fool.

12. I say pretend nothing happened.

13. He's toast already.

14. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    LMAO.....Your dead.....Should of been playing your bass, and left stuff that's not yours alone.

15. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Where Nature has thus far failed (though, apparently, not for lack of trying), his brother might succeed.

16. All your basses are belong to him.

:D:D:D

17. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    If you notice, whenever a game saves, a warning is displayed that says "Do not remove memory card, reset game, or turn off power", or something to that effect. Believe it or not, they actually mean it. What happens is that while the system is overwriting the file on the memory card, the data becomes unstable until the write is complete. If you, say, shut off power during the writing, the data is forever unstable, and all of those saved game files are forever unusable. I'll be sure to look for you in the Canadien obituaries.

18. haha. The beating I got for getting my brother's AC/DC tape chewed in his tape player when I din't have permission to use either 20 yrs ago will be nothing to what you're gonna get. Run. Run Fast. Run far, and don't stop.

19. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    This guy hasn't got back to us yet. He's probably in a hospital bed right now. But yeah, as Brendan said, there is a reason that it says "SAVING: DO NOT TURN OFF THE PLAYSTATION." When it's saving.

Get Well Soon. ;)

20. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

Eh--After screwing up two saved games,I think he deserved to die...