Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

omg my new friend: the BOSS LS-2!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by The Nanny, Jul 13, 2005.

1. The Nanny

The Nanny

Dec 23, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Well, I just bought an LS-2 and its proving to be solution to many many problems I've been having.

All these years, I thought "who the !@#$ would pay $80 for a line switcher??". But I just didn't realize the options this pedal has for input/output combination, effects loops, and most important for me: BLENDING.

See, I've always been annoyed at those effects that I have that suck out the bottom end, namely my auto-wah. And I've never before been able to come up with a cheap solution to this. Now I have the ability to use both the clean signal and the wah signal.

Incidentally, I'm able to come up with a pretty decent Cliff Burton sound like this...setting the Boss dynamic wah on 'humanizer' with the vowel sounds almost identical, so there is no heavy shifting. At the humanizer setting this pedal also distorts. But now I'm not losing bottom end. Its not exact, but definitely good enough.

2. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    yep im pretty happy with the ls2 as well. the blending option is certainly handy too, i now run all the pedals that suck bottom end in the loop A and blend it with the clean signal. to keep everything true bypass, i run a true bypass pedal outside that so I can get back to my original bass tone with ease. and on top of that, it powers 5 of my pedals via a daisy chain!

3. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    I run throught my LS-2 without problems, it's bypass is great, even if it's not a "true" one.

If we could run loop A in serie with loop B, it would be the greatest looper on earth...

4. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    What?!.

The LS-2 offers blending for effects - or strings of effects - that don't have blend controls?

I was just saying in another thread that I'd use a Guv'nor, exept that it didn't have clean-blending. ..so using this thing with it would be the same as if it HAD blend?

...Man - I'm just thinking of the possibilies!

Thanks, Nan

Joe

5. The Nanny

The Nanny

Dec 23, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Correct Joe...two level knobs control the volume of each signal: the A clean signal and the B signal, which has whatever effects I choose. Stomp on the pedal to activate, and the B loop enters the mix with the A (at whatever levels I want)...turn it off, and its the clean A signal only.

6. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Finally they saw the light. Alleluya !
    I've been praising the benefits of this pedal for years. :)
    Now if Boss could make us a LS-20 twin pedal...

7. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    Well, did you ask them ? :D