OMG!! The Onion is so ON this week!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Feb 8, 2003.

1. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Have any of you read this week's edition of The Onion? If not then go to immediately. I mean usually it's funny yeah, but for some reason almost every article this week seems particularly hilarious.

The first headline I saw was:

Yankees Ensure 2003 Pennant By Signing Every Player In Baseball

It got better from there. (funny thing is if Steinbrenner ever sees that he'll probably think it's a good idea) Go read the rest right now!

brad cook
  2. Well baseball doesn't appeal to me but I thought the story about North Dakota harbouring nuclear weapons was great! :D
  3. "Gondolier Ordered To Follow That Gondola"

"Drinking In Quarries Down 37 Percent, Small-Town Sheriffs Report"

Mmmm, that was like cold chocolate milk!

4. "I wish I were more like my Online Persona"

Tis true, tis true :D
  5. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah...the baseball thing is funny to those who are familiar with the Yankees and their wacky owner, who (thanks to huge coffers in the Yankee club) tends to try and hire up all the big stars in the league.

The North Dakota thing is hilarious.

Read the "What do you think?" section under "Opinion." It's a weekly section that parodies similar sections in American newspapers where someone from the newspaper will go out and ask the same question to various "man on the street" types and then show their answer.

brad cook
  6. David Watts

David Watts

Aug 12, 2002
    Yottskry - Try substituting Manchester United for the NY Yankees, and you have the UK Onion edition of the joke.:)
  7. The Star Wars article got me. It's funny 'cuz it's true!