1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

omg this is one of the best days of my life!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Fontaine, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    i got home from getting my report card in high school for the last time =)....and when i got home i just got the mail for mom because i was bored lol, so when i looked at threre was a huge envelope for me and when i opened it up it said this!!:

"Dear Earl:

Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to attend College of the North Atlantic. Your First acceptance is in the First Year Engineering Technology program, located at the Ridge Road Campus in St. John's, for the 2007-2008 academic year starting in the Fall 2007 semester. A place has been reserved for you in you program choice of Petroleum Engineering Technology at the Ridge Road Capus"

this is deff. one of the greatest days of my life and it has something to do school!! wow i didn't see that coming...lol.

It also depends if i did well in my publics if i actually go or not but if i do good im in my seat is waiting for me!!

but I actually got accepted into Petroleum which i never would of thought getting into considering most of my friends are on waiting lists, im soo excited.

did anyone here do Petroleum Engineering Technology??? my Physics/Chemistry teacher said it was a great course and i'll do well for myself but if have done this or know anyone who has....please comment!!

2. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    I hope your math is better than your English.

3. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    yea lol, i relized that was worded extremely bad but im to lazy lol.

4. Hi, Earl

Congrats.

Engineering is a great field to be in.

I have a Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering and I have to say the education has helped me a lot over the years.

The petroleum should be great too, and as iI don't know the Canada ed. system it's hard to me to say how dedicated to just petroleum field those courses are, but here in Finland the courses give the students quite wide and still in depht education of the whole field. It's easy to seek other related areas of engineering, not jus the one You majored.

Congrats again, there's a whole new world waiting for You.

Regards
    Sam

5. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Way to go dude!

6. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    "Would've" is a contraction of "would have". "Would of" is utter nonsense and makes one look illiterate.

Sorry, pet peeve.

7. Bryan316

Bryan316 Inactive

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    College of the North Atlantic?

YOU CANUCK! LOL

Cool beans bro... hope you bang tons of sluts at frat orgies!

8. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    College of the North Atlantic

its a highly respected Engineering school and of course it has other things there but its one of the best in Canada if not the best!

9. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    Cool! An engineer... you're going to make the trains run?

:D

10. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    So, are you going for a degree in Engineering or Technology? Technically, an Engineering Technology program only makes you a technician.

11. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    Engineering school = +geeks -sluts :D

Just kidding dude, congratulation!!! Its a great field!

12. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Best day of your life? I guess you are still a virgin then! :D

13. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    btw im no geek lol, im a solid 75 student lol, but i might get my degree after i work for a few years and get some money in my pocket...stright to Alberta :p (Fort Mac. is Newfoundlands biggest city...hahahahaha...)

14. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Congrats and all the best with your education. :)

15. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    Oh yeah. Congratulations! :)

16. peetey

peetey

Mar 9, 2007
    Montreal, Canada
    Good career choice.

Petroleum is a booming business in Newfoundland. It was once known as a province of unemployed fishermen. The discovery of oil has raised the province from one of the poorest to one of the richest in Canada. What's next, no sales tax?

Side note: Nfld. is also known as the province to have the hardiest drinkers.

17. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    i agree with everything u said Newfoundland finally isn't poor :p but i think ill be moving to Alberta for that nice beef up in pay =).

and on your side note...im 17 i went out with my friends last night and drank 12 beer came home went to sleep for a few hours and went to school to get my report card lol....personally i think 12 beer is good for me cuz im not a beer drinker but my friends drank 30 beer or something around that lol (also at age 17 lol).

18. Great! Now go get laid and make it REALLY the best day of your life.

19. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    St. John's?!
    You're really stepping up in the world of New Foundland, aren't ya?
    ;)

Congrats!

20. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    St. John's is better then Trepassey...lol...at times...i kinda like this small town only for its dying off lol.(750 people!!!...yikes!)

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021