1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

OMIGOSH! An OVERWATER 6 string on Ebay!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by T. B. Player, Mar 23, 2006.

1. 97 views and no replies -

Hmmm -

Looks like I've got a good shot at owning this thing if I bid...

:ninja:

(my evil plan is working...yes.....yes......mwah, indeed....mwahahahah...)

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    gcrep..meh

3. never played one before.

What's it play like? What would you compare the neck profile to? Nice long horn so it looks like it'll hang well *shrug*

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    That Bass is at GC in Burbank Il.I've played it a couple of times(it's been there for a while),it plays very nice and sounds nice and the neck is nice and thin(but not that thin).

5. BSR6P-Bob

BSR6P-Bob

Apr 5, 2005

+1

This bass was previously being sold at Luthiers Access Group.

6. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Isn't the price for this bass high, especially since it's used?

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I've seen a few of these in the UK - a bit chunky and heavy for my liking....:meh:

8. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.

This one isn't heavy or chunky but I have played a few that were.

9. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I wouldn't buy one of them without trying it extensively first - they can be an acquired taste...?

10. fretless Bob

fretless Bob If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Nov 27, 2005
    Harrow, London, U.K
    wow! ive only ever seen two Overwaters and they are both mine.

I wonder how the hell that got all the way to the states, i got mine from overwater direct, they are really nice guys and gave me the full tour of theyre workshop and everything.

i will post some pics in the morning when there is better light if any body wants to see?

As far as playability goes mine are just great. and they sound so awesome.

as far as i'm concerned you can't go wrong with that. keep us posted.

Dave

11. willgroove2

willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    I played it when they first received it,nice but priced very high for a used bass

12. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Thats GC for you :)

13. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr.

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
    Just my opinion, but that one on Ebay is ugly. Looks like a bass with leprosy.

14. I was in awe the first time I saw one of these - Ross Hamilton from Wolfstone played a sixer that was maple with a maple fb and gold hardware. Absolutely PERFECT tone - like nothing I ever heard live. Glad to see there's an Overwater admirer out there - my sentiments exactly about being over here in the states.

As for the cost, a new one like this (Progress Elite) would retail for about $7000 in US dollars (exchange rates vary). I've seen used Tobiases and Smiths going for 2600 to 3000, so you can't say it's pricey for a used. And a 36" scale is great for an upright player that wants to branch out.

As for Brices, I've owned four - they play great for the price. They're excellent for the bar gigs where you don't care if a beer gets spilled on them - take them into the studio, though, and they're the noisiest things on the planet - pickup hum and crackle from the pots that dirty up in a matter of seconds.

15. fretless Bob

fretless Bob If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Nov 27, 2005
    Harrow, London, U.K
  16. That's a nice bass!

17. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    Those are pretty sweet. Killer top on the NT.