Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OML, killer BN-5 top...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vic, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I had to pick my jaw up off the floor after seeing this one. This has to be the coolest looking spalt I've ever seen. George does it again... dang... wish I was rich...
    [​IMG]

2. My, my, my, that's gorgeous.

3. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    that's simply amazing....

4. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    I realize the groove shop has this picture badged, but just so nobody's confused, I am not affiliated with them in any way. I just like to go to their site and peruse pics 'cause (clearly) they get some ubelievable stuff in sometimes. Just in case...

5. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    what kind of Burl is that? beautiful work :cool:

6. oversoul

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    I'm sorry to say, but this one ownz the previous IMO, these dudes sure know how to pick them wood slabs :bassist:

[​IMG]

7. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Nah, I may be shot thru the head for sayin' so, but there's just something about buckeye I'm not all that hot for. Maybe it's the grey/yellow theme. Yeah, it's striking as all getout, but I like the spalt way better. :)

8. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Maple, and actually it's called spalted, but there is some burl in there as well. Basically, it's an all messed up mutant piece of wood, but I love it! :)

9. oversoul

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    my god, now you got me really eager to get some new pics of my Conklin, it will have a spalt top too, cant wait to see it with some finish on :smug:

[​IMG]

10. That is the one piece of buckeye that I have seen that I actually like. I think I'd go with the buckeye over the maple... but both are amongst the nicest looking basses I've seen.

Oversoul... I want to see the Conklin!