Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

omni studio

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Stingray, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Stingray

Stingray

May 12, 2000
    i was thinking about buying the omni studio and i want to knowif its any good and if it is where the cheapest plce to buy it is

2. The guitar player in my last band had the omni studio. I guess it was alright. The recording he made sounded awful, but that's because he was terrible at mixing and didn't have a clue on how to do it. But no, all in all, it was actually a fine piece of equipment. Personally, since they normally run for $400, i'd rather pay $700 and get the Roland Computer based Studio. The model and name of it escapes me but the bonuses from the omni studio to the Roland studio are great enough in my opinion.

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  4. I just got one, and so far I like it. I paid $370 at Guitar Center. And they screwed it up (surprise) so I went back, got a new perfect one, and they gave me a Jaco book. So say $350 even.

It has a gajillion jacks and knobs, and I haven't used them all yet. Just plugging a mic or a bass in and recording, monitoring on headphones, everything's gone swimmingly. Pretty transparent sound.

I'm about to use it for a real project, so in a month or two I'll have a more informed opinion.