Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

on a serious note...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i know a i made a lot of retarded threads today, but its all in good fun.

i do have a serious question.

my girlfriend lives with two female roomates on the second floor of a two family house.

the landlords daughter lives downstairs.

the landlords kids have been using the attic(which is part of my girlfriend apt) as storage for their baby stuff. which is understandable.

today, the son in law, came up stairs to get some stuff out of the attic, and let himself in. useing a key that he has, probably from the landlord. offcourse my girlfriend was home and flipped out at him.

now my question is this. is it illegal for someone other then the landlord to come into their apartment, or even the landlord without knowing about it prior to them walking in the door.

and, is it illegal if my girlfriend were to change the lock and not give the landlord a key?

2. I don't know about your other questions, but I'm thinking this would be a violation of her lease agreement.

3. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    no lease

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Ah, the classic "ask a serious question in attempt to regain some credibility" post.

brad cook

5. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    not at all mr cook, my girlfriend just called me up crying because this expletive deleted son in law pretty much walked in on her nekkid. so im trying to figure what can be done legally.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Why was he walkin' around nekkid anyway?

brad cook

7. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    she came out of the shower with a towel on, her bedroom is right next to the front door. offcourse when he walked in she thought it was one of her female roomates, not the landlords son.

8. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio

9. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    wondering why he put that too.

10. I'm sure she signed some sort of agreement when she moved in, but even if she didn't, I'm pretty sure she just can't change the locks. That'd be cause for eviction, I'd say.

11. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    they were on a verbal agreement because on of the roomates mom knows the landlord.

i wish they would just move out, but offcourse its a nice place so the deal with the millions of demands made by the landlords fat daughter.

like, they cant wear high heels after the landlord refused to put carpetting in.
    th whole attic they pay for is being used by the landlords kids.
    they lowered the hot water(which my girlfriend pays for) because the bill was too high.

ugh, they are just retarded. honestly, the landlords son knows he is on my badside, and knows they can find another place, but my girlfriend is just going to wait it out because the landlord and the landlords kids will be moving soon.

12. So far so good. :D And Brad as for walking around naked, unless you were joking, it's her apartment why shouldn't she do what she wants? I gotta admit though that with 2 roommates it probably wasn't the best idea but meh.

13. I for one encourage all women to walk around naked home or otherwise.

14. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    In most jursidictions, a landlord could not enter legally without either:
    A. Being admitted in
    B. With 24 hrs notice
    C. Absent an emergency (i.e. broken water pipe, etc)

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I never said anything about "she"

brad cook

16. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Shawn, let me make you aware of some things...

First off, being a pain in the ass via the internet is an art. I happen to excell at that art... I've bent every rule in the book on this site, but have never technicly broken them, so I have never been banned.

I've gotten at least 20 "First and last warning!" PM's...

I have had threads started about me multiple times in the moderator's special forum.

I have been the standard by which all other trolls on this site have been judged since march 2003.

On TB, I reign supreme. Me and my bretheren Tim Cole, Cheezewiz, Wrong Robot (A member of the Rebel Alliance, and a traitor.), and various others over the years are unstoppable.

There is only one man that has powers comparable, even greater than mine, and that is Digme... but I shall not disgrace his holiness by bringing him to deeply into this thread.

Basically, what I am trying to say, is that you are no good at being a pain in the ass, so please leave it to the professionals.

17. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I'm so proud Mike! :hyper:

18. Whhhoaaaaaa! Wait jsut a minute!

Hold on I need to get some popcorn!

:bag:

19. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Fired from Subway, still the reighning pain in the A*#, Well everyone needs goals and aspirations, I'll be sure and include you on my next (removed by the moderators) award thread! :D

20. (sorry Mr. Cook)

This statement can be read 2 ways:
    One way is that he walked in on her while she was naked.
    The other is that he walked in on her while he was naked. GAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.