1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

SOLD ON HOLD - Miller 2006 hand carved bass made in England

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe and International [DB]' started by Rabbie15, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Rabbie15

Rabbie15 Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2015
    Scotland, UK
    Price:
    Currency (EU and Intl):
    BGP
    My Location:
    United Kingdom
    Ships to::
    • Worldwide
    • United States

This bass was made in England by Ken Miller in 2006 and I have owned it for 3 years, in which it has accompanied me on many gigs and recordings. At the end of last year I invested in a a new carved instrument, which means that I no longer need this one.

still, this is a carved bass made in England, hence and investment that will go up in value, despite the chips and scars of a life on stage.

woods: old spruce top, maple sides, I think poplar back.

It is not pristine! There are countless chips and scratches that only add to the unbelievable mojo. There are a few luthier-repairs done professionally by the maker himself, before it came to me. In the 3 years I have had it, it has been superbly stable.
    The playability of this bass is incredible: it is what you could describe as “plays itself”, thanks to the wonderful setup work of Jerome Davies.
    it sounds phenomenal: powerful, dark and moody, yet articulated perfectly well and it’s easy to play.

This bass was used for jazz and folk music, I have no comment to make on bowing as I don’t even have a bow!

The look of the bass is a little unusual thanks to the slightly“flattened” F holes, typical of Ken Miller basses. I believe this was Ken’s own gigging bass, which would explain the extra signs of heavy gigging.

price-wise, the initial listing of £3,300 is, I believe what the street price of a bass like this should be. It is probably worth a bit more and will gain in value. However, these are tough times and I am willing to negotiate: message me. Please don’t offer part exchanges as I’m not looking for anything. I assure you it’s a great sounding and Wonderfully well setup bass, and if you, like me, can see past the imperfections as mojo, you won’t find better!

I am in Perth, Scotland. It’s a wonderful summer drive, and now it’s ok to do it, and I’m all organised for a proper socially distant trying of the instrument.

I am now in a bit of a need to sell, so it’s a good time to make me an offer. Any question, do please ask!

48441B72-7C8D-4989-979E-F1D4787E6F25.jpeg 607824DB-4BA8-4496-B554-3CB57AE14263.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  2. labravajazz

labravajazz Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2006
    Sydney Australia
    Very interesting looking bass - if only I was in the UK I’d love to drive up to Perth. A beautiful place to be I think
    Good luck with the sale

Rabbie15 likes this.
  3. Rabbie15

Feb 15, 2015
    Scotland, UK
    Thanks mate. I hope all is well in your part of Australia.

labravajazz likes this.
  4. Rabbie15

Feb 15, 2015
    Scotland, UK
    Bump for a lovely and unique bass

labravajazz likes this.
  5. Rabbie15

Feb 15, 2015
    Scotland, UK
    Little video and sound bite here

gaz jazz likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021