On monday I go back to the future.... (Thanks Gard)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Professor X, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Professor X

Professor X

Apr 15, 2002
    Well I traded in my Zon lightwave to get back to "bassics." and on monday the UPS man will be bringing me something I've been looking for since i was 18 years old... a bass that is as old as I am...

a 1974 Fender Jazz, Natural, Maple Fingerboard, Black Pickguard, White Pearl Block Inlay, White Binding On Fingerboard, Pick-up Cover...

I can't wait!

I'd like to thank Gard at bass central for helping my fulfill one of my "bass dreams"

Here's a pic from Basscentral's site:
  2. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    yeah thats nice. I love block enlays on jazz basses. Congrats on your find
  3. Professor X

Professor X

Apr 15, 2002
    Well it's here... and it's AWESOME... here's a pic...
  4. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Nice score man. I love that combo...natural with black pickguard. It is by far my favorite look for a Fender jazz style bass. Congrats dude I'm kinda jealous. :D
  5. Is that a mirrored pickguard, or just very very shiny black?

Either way, nice score.

Edit:*reads the post* OHHHHHH Yeah..I couldn't tell because it looked like it was a white p/g in the first pic.
  6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Hey, I recognize that bass...

...I am quite happy with the Zon myself, wish I could afford the darn thing! :bawl:

Took it to a little jam session with some friends on Sunday (one of the perks of working at BC! :D), it sounds and plays wonderfully - there were a LOT of green bassists around... ;)

Prof, glad to see you're happy with your new baby!
  7. Professor X

Professor X

Apr 15, 2002
    It is a black one... It came with a replacement pearliod one and the original black one... I decided to go original... I really LOVE the way it looks! :D
  8. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Jazz basses are the TRUTH! Great score! And everyone thought I was crazy for wanting to go back to the foundation.
  9. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

You know you're always going to be served right at Bass Central! Nice bass. Have fun with it.
  10. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    very very nice. i had a 1974 p bass that i played for nearly 20 years...I play smiths now mostly but i wish i still had that p bass...(wiping tears away...):bassist:
  11. Sweet. Great looking bass. But,didn't the 74 have a 3 bolt neck? I'm probably wrong...
  12. Professor X

Professor X

Apr 15, 2002

Not sure... I thought I read that they switched in 75... But then again I also read that thing about Elvis in a Burger King in Kalamazoo, MI...
  13. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Very nice. But did you realize that this bass takes you back to the year you were born? I could have bought one of these in the store for a lot cheaper than you got it!:meh:
  14. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Have fun playing your heart out on that beautiful bass.

15. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    lets see the pic of that zon!!!