Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ON/OFF/ON Les Paul type Toggle switch

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by JLantz, Feb 7, 2004.

1. JLantz

JLantz

Feb 7, 2004
    I'm in the middle of doing a series mod to my JBass.
    My configuration will be volume, tone, toggle, with the switch for Neck only, Both in series, Bridge only.

But I have hit a snag:
    My schematic for this project says to use a ON/OFF/ON toggle, but I can only find these in the mini toggle form. I want to use a Les Paul type switch but I've only found ON/ON/ON types. Can I modify one of these to work?
    Thanks

2. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Check StewMac guitar supply for parts. They should have these. www.stewmac.com

3. JLantz

JLantz

Feb 7, 2004
    Nope, all their Les Paul type switches are ON/ON/ON configurations. Same with the GuitarElectronics website and all of my local stores. I've thoroughly searched for a Les Paul type ON/OFF/ON toggle with no luck.
    This seems so basic, someone must have found a work around for this long ago.

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    You'd need to search for a large toggle switch somewhere like Newark electronics, or maybe Mouser.com.

Maybe even Radio Shack, if you're luck. I don't have a catalog handy to check.

Perhaps a google search for toggle switches would help. Cherry is a big switch manufacturer. CTS used to be but I don't know any more.

5. JLantz

JLantz

Feb 7, 2004
    Hey, Thanks. Newark had the toggle I was looking for.

6. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Cool...good luck with your wiring project!