on/off switch??

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by basserman44, Mar 24, 2001.

1. i keep my bass on the same controls at all times, all full on(passive- volume, volume, tone). and the knobs kept gettin bumped and i would have to readjust that back. so i took off the knobs and recessed the controls into the control cavity covering the holes with electrical tape(punk rawk huh?). i noticed on the nikki sixx bass that it only had an on/off switch for the same reasons. long story short, could i get one of these put on my bass? where could i buy the part? could i put it on myself, how to do it, etc. anything will help, thanks.
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I am beside myself over the silliness of this.
  3. kind of reminds me of a hotrod me and a friend of mine built years ago, recessed taillights, no door handles. and so on.:D
  4. BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
    So then you would be using non-variable resistors, instead of variable-resistors/pots?
  5. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Dukes of Hazard maybe??
  6. well you could set the controls were you like, mark them, remove them, measure their resistance at that point, obtain resistors of the same ohm ratining and wire them in. This is a lot of effort for what you get, i think, its just not a big deal to me to readjust pots, but hey,, each to their own
  7. oh thats harsh, no it was a 33 dodge, no rebel flag :D
  8. oh sorry, you wanted a switch didnt you? The best place is to wire it in to the wire on the output plug, probably a red wire. find a place to mount the switch and your done, a one tone, on/off bass.
    The switch you can get at radio shack, get a good one, resisters are there also.