Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

On stage Amp cab link/setup question, Does it matter?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thewanderer24, Feb 1, 2006.

1. thewanderer24

thewanderer24

Apr 29, 2002
    SJ, CA
    This is a little bit of a wierd one, to me, anyway.

I have the need to run more volume than I usually need to without PA support. I usually just run my Bergie HT322 (through Read Purity and Stewart World 2.1). I am gonna need to bring another cabinet, and set it up 15 to 20 feet away.

So far, no big deal. Here's the wierd part.

I want to run the second cab off of my Eden WT400. The why's aren't worth getting into. I can connect out of the Read Purity effects out to the Eden Effects in, or from the Read Purity DI out to the Eden effects in. Does it matter?

Also, I can sit the Eden on top of my other head and run a long cable to the speaker (this might help me make adjustments quicker on the fly for the other speaker). OR, I can sit the Eden on the other speaker, and run a long cable to connect the Purity to the Eden. Is one of these inherently more noisy??

Thoughts would be much appreciated on why one of these ideas would be better or worse than the others.

2. I would think that a good, low gauge speaker cable would be the way to go... less likely to change the tone or add noise vs. a regular instrument cable, and I would think you would want both those heads in the same place to adjust volume and tone.

3. thewanderer24

thewanderer24

Apr 29, 2002
    SJ, CA

Thanks for the reply.

That's what I was thinking made sense, but needed a sanity check.