On-Stage Bass Stands????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fonqueman, Apr 24, 2002.

1. fonqueman

Jul 5, 2000
    I'm looking for a sturdy, on-stage stand that can put up with a stage full of moving people! I'm in a group that tends to shake a stage a bit, and jumping up and down is not out of the question. I need a stand that will hold my basses while I'm out raging around. I purchased the A-Frame stands (compact design) and so far they're holding up fine - in my rehearsal space! Anyone have any advice? Thanks
  2. basic rule in the book of dr.AllodoX : when not playing your bass, it rests in it's hardshell.

and that includes on-stage.

- adx -
  3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I use Ultra stands but there isn't a lot of activity during breaks. If there were I'd put it in the case away for the crowd when not in use.
  4. KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I use a warwick rockstand (the 3 bass model). Very sturdy and holds the basses at 3 points

5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Just went on Warwick's site. No stands for sale anymore :-(
  6. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Definately get a rockstand, I have one and it is really stable. Probably the most stable/stury/compact tri-stand available.
    It fits 3 basses in a very tightspace.
  7. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    One word of caution RE the Rockstand. When I was looking at them, the salesman cautioned that you can bump one instrument and knock it into another. May not be a problem for most, but on a tight stage...... I have a tri-stand (Ultra?) which has thick black foam, including on the spring-loaded clip at the top which keeps the bass from falling out. The only possibility for damage would have to be serious, like a drunk staggering around on stage. Thank goodness the guitar player is 6'5" and about 275 lbs., so they tend to keep their distance :p