Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

On-Stage Bass Stands????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fonqueman, Apr 24, 2002.

1. fonqueman

fonqueman

Jul 5, 2000
    I'm looking for a sturdy, on-stage stand that can put up with a stage full of moving people! I'm in a group that tends to shake a stage a bit, and jumping up and down is not out of the question. I need a stand that will hold my basses while I'm out raging around. I purchased the A-Frame stands (compact design) and so far they're holding up fine - in my rehearsal space! Anyone have any advice? Thanks

2. basic rule in the book of dr.AllodoX : when not playing your bass, it rests in it's hardshell.

and that includes on-stage.

- adx -

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I use Ultra stands but there isn't a lot of activity during breaks. If there were I'd put it in the case away for the crowd when not in use.

4. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I use a warwick rockstand (the 3 bass model). Very sturdy and holds the basses at 3 points

-KB

5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Just went on Warwick's site. No stands for sale anymore :-(

6. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    Definately get a rockstand, I have one and it is really stable. Probably the most stable/stury/compact tri-stand available.
    It fits 3 basses in a very tightspace.

7. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    One word of caution RE the Rockstand. When I was looking at them, the salesman cautioned that you can bump one instrument and knock it into another. May not be a problem for most, but on a tight stage...... I have a tri-stand (Ultra?) which has thick black foam, including on the spring-loaded clip at the top which keeps the bass from falling out. The only possibility for damage would have to be serious, like a drunk staggering around on stage. Thank goodness the guitar player is 6'5" and about 275 lbs., so they tend to keep their distance :p