Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

On Stage...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jimbo, Jan 15, 2002.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    hey everybody.

i just want to know if any of you guys have any cool things you do on stage to get a crowd going. i personally don't do much, i like to stand in the back and groove. but i'm playing in a battle of the bands at my school soon and i want to get the crowd into us because judging is heavily influenced by the audience response.

just a note, this is gonna be a crowd mostly of high school students and teachers.

thanx in advance
    -jimbo

2. it all depends on the song your playing.
    Like on my band when we're playing the hardcore stuff I just go wild on stage and jump around head banging n'stuff....depending on the height of the stage I'll just run around the most pit with the crowd (we play in alota small places so the mosh pits are like infront of the stage), I make **** loada faces aswell and sometimes when there's no bass on that particular part of the song I start shaking myself wildly or just making my head tremble violently n'stuff.
    Now....if it's the rather mellow songs there's always the whole "bobing back and forth deal".....since I aquired the ability to just stare with out blinking for long periods of time I just stare blankly at some spot and do the whole bobing back and forward scene.
    It's fun really...just see it sorta like acting, ya know? But with a bass in hands.
    And remember...there's no such thing as to much head banging.

Well thats basically all I hafta say.like I said it all depends on what song you're playing?

What's the song you're playing anyway?

3. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    well we're playing 2 originals. they're kind of soft rock-dave matthewsish. but they're fast. i was thinking about dancing like a nut on stage (but i'll have to practice that :D )

4. cool....
    crazy dances always kick ass.....check out Flea, he has his super Flea dance thingumabob .....yeah I guess dancing can also be pretty cool.

5. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I just kinda groove. nothing crazy.. but I usually don't stand there.. I look around at the audience and smile... etc. The guitarist and I look at each other and just laugh or we'll nod and then proceed to do a break down or something :)... Its all about you.. nothing else really matters when you're on stage. do what you want to and what you are comfortable with

peace,
    jim