Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

On the fence: Benavente Vortex 5 F/S

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jobu3, Jul 15, 2004.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    This is a Benavente Vortex 5-string. I believe it is a 2002. Alder body, 35" scale maple neck, (satin?) tobacco sunburst finish, John Suhr pick-ups, new style Benavente 9V preamp. Controls are: Volume, panner, treble, mid, bass, 3-way mid frequency selector. New set of SIT Rockbrites. Recessed input jack. Recessed strap locks (included), and also a padded semi-hardshell case (not an "in-case") included. It has some dings and scratches that are not very visible but are included in the last three pics. Some belt rash on the back. This bass plays, looks and sounds fantastic. It is very flexible with the active elec's and the 3-way mid switch. I play my Vintage Vortex a heck of a lot more right now (and have a Benavente SC5 fretless being built) so I am putting it up for now. I do hate to see it go but it just isn't being played that much. I am not accepting trades unless you have a 5-string Benavente 219-B you are willing to swap plus a little cash on my end. (Can you tell that I like Bennies?)

I am asking a firm $1325.00 shipped to the main 48. I will take Paypal (fees are on me) or a postal money order only. PM me ???'s and/or offers.

Please note: The apparent "blemish" on the upper bout around the 22nd fret in the fist pic is just a reflection of the flash and not a "blemish" at all. I will try and get some outdoor pix tomorrow if I can.
    Benavente pix.
    :bassist: :hyper:

2. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
  3. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    $1325 shipped. :ninja:

4. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Note: price dropped again. Probably for the last time before thinking ebay.

5. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Off to ebay.
    Discount: TB'ers who bid get 50% off the set shipping if they PM me prior to bidding or $1300 (here or with BIN) takes it! Please note:This requires paypal to be sent first for me to end the auction early...
    :cool: :bassist:

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    BUMP!

if it was 34" scale

AND

if it was a 6 string

AND

if it had no frets

AND

if I had about $1298 + shipping more then I currently have

:smug: I'd be all over it Joe :bassist: seriously, I always thought that was a classy looking bass.

7. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Thanks for the bump my friend! ;)

*sold* :hyper: