1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

On the fence Fender Rumble 200 / Peavey MAX 250

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Blick_Fang, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Blick_Fang

Blick_Fang

Aug 2, 2019
    Thanks!

Rumble 500. But. I think I may be over thinking this. Couple of reviews indicate that the 500 can't keep up with a hard rock band. I got spooked. Do I look at Beringer 2000 and cab? Sorry.

2. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    i wouldn't - behringer is pretty well known for over-reporting their wattage.

besides, the rumble 500 with the extension speaker would probably be more effective than a rig with a single speaker or cab.

3. Blick_Fang

Blick_Fang

Aug 2, 2019
    But those aluminum/paper speakers on the hartke?

4. Tad

Tad Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Boise, Idaho
    I’ve not found that to be the case. Others’ Mileage May Vary.

5. Blick_Fang

Blick_Fang

Aug 2, 2019
    It's now the Hartke HD500 VS Fender Rumble 500

Rooster009 likes this.
  6. Rooster009

Rooster009

Feb 27, 2008
    Check out Andy Irvine’s review of the new Hartke HD508. I saw it on Facebook but it may also be in other places.

7. Rooster009

Rooster009

Feb 27, 2008
    Here it is

8. bhendrix

bhendrix

May 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    I play mostly with a power trio - hard heavy drummer and loud guitar (uses either Fender tonemaster stack or Marshall stack) and my 500c not only keeps up, but never breaks a sweat! Add a cab and add one or two more guitars....no problem! :thumbsup:

Blick_Fang, G-Dog and Linnin like this.