1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

On the Fender Rumble amps, what does the horn do, and what does the vintage setting do?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sean775, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Sean775

Sean775

Mar 19, 2015
    New Jersey, USA
    I'm trying to learn more about amp settings. I know what overdrive is, and o know that contour cuts the mids and boosts the lows and highs, but that's about it.

2. Maybe this will help.

Fender Rumble Club "TONE POOL"

Try the copy of sheet 1 page. That's what I have to use to see all the settings.
    But Vintage is going to help get you closer to to old school tube type warmth.

Horn just adds some high's to the cab. It's subtle though IMO.

Best to pop on over to the Fender Rumble Club section with your "Rumblings." :thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    StyleOverShow likes this.
  3. Right from the owner's manual:

VINTAGE — Creates a dark tone rich with harmonics and some natural compression.

The horn will add high-frequency crispness and sparkle for more modern tones that are well suited for slap-style funk.

4. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Hillsdale, Portland
    Sound more like flatten the highs to create boomy bottom without much definition, “dark tone”.

I have a 40W Rumble and never mess with the high noon settings. It’s a low volume practice amp.

OP, what does the difference sound like to you?