On the road again (to Dallas)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by silvermaneZ, Apr 10, 2003.

1. silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    I think besides some of the people here who are college students, and go home for the summer, I must be the most transitory figure here. Once again, I am moving.:rolleyes: :( :eek:

I am sure all of you New York types who have lived here your whole lives really enjoy the joint, but it just is not for me. So, I have acccepted a job with the Vitamin Shoppe as a store manager at a newly opening store in the Dallas area. That's right kiddies, SilvermaneZ is coming back to where he belongs, back home to the big D, DALLAS, TEXAS!!!!!

The big catch in all this is that the job starts on April 28th, so I basically have 2 weeks to wrap up things here, pack, and get out. :eek:

I know, crazy, but that is ok. My store is located in Mesquite, across 635 from Town East Mall. We open May 6th, so if you are in the area, come by and say Hi, and buy some vitamins.

Also, if anyone knows of any open gigs that you are not keeping for yourself, let me know please. I really want to start playing again.

2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...damn man...I just got it straight as to where you are, and you move on us again!

Oh well...good luck with the new gig & new digs, and you'll have plenty of TBer's to hang with and oogle basses. We need to hook up a Dallas/Atlanta TB wing-ding sometime!
  3. silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Hey brother, long time no talk to. Thanks for checking in. I am really excited about the move, and am ready to get reestablished in the Dallas music scene. Don't worry, once I start playing again, I am sure I will be calling you for more Henry's and that Dean12.

4. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Hey Z, I'm up at Mesquite all the time. I may stop by, but vitamins ain't my thang. Sorry, but you'll need to get used to those words ;)

Good luck with the move.
  5. I live in Garland. Welcome back to Dallas. Don't know how long it's been since you've lived here But I can safely bet that the traffic has gotten about 10 times worse, as well as driver ability and ediquite. When you get here I know several people who play in multiple bands I'll ask if any of them need a bass player. I'm already booked solid, so I don't need any more venues to play.
  6. Yes, I must agree with you. While I know some people that have moved here from just about everywhere, and loved it, I know (knew) even more people who just couldn't take NYC and the surrounding area for any number of reasons. I guess you don't have to be born here, but it helps.

What did you dislike about it? Just curious.

Please keep it to 100 reasons or less. :D

Good luck in your new gig.

7. silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    What did I dislike? Well, obviously the job here was not what I expected, so that played a very large part. However, I did alot of comparing the general attitudes of people up here to those down south. My impressions were:
    1. People up here are REALLY in a hurry all the time. Now I know major metropoliton centers are always at a faster pace, but it seems even more pronounced up here
    2. Rudeness - people up here don't seem to have a problem with being rude for the sake of it, or jumping off the handle at the first sign of an argument.
    3. Customer service - working for the Vitamin Shoppe, I noticed alot that instead of "The customer is always right." it was "Don't tell me wht you think, I will tell you what to think." I noticed that attitude in alot of places.

Just my impressions. Being raised a Texan, I guess traveling the last three years has shown me that I AM a Texan, and that is where I belong. So, home I go.

8. tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    Welcome back!
    from one Mesquiter to another!

I live about a 1/5 mile away from town east mall.
  9. Oh man, Robert! #1 and #3 are true, but, you hit the bull's eye dead center with #2!!! :)

I think one has to be born here "to be inoculated" against this place.

I don't know why, but, I feel I would fit right in down South. :cool:

Maybe, a previous life? :D

Best of luck to you, Robert. Stay in touch.

10. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Me too. Salt free musclecars, dragstrips open all year 'round.......