1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

On the search......

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kenner, Jan 8, 2012.

1. I am looking for a solid quality power amp to power an Ampeg 1810E.

I just want clean power...

The best amp out there is?

\m/

2. Jrutt

Jrutt

Dec 11, 2011
    I would say Acoustic b600h is powerful and has a really clean sound... The price is not bad either... It has an easy EQ and passive and active inputs...

3. You looking for just a power amp or amp head?

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Yes, which is it, a bass head or a power amp? If power amp, any will do, but you'll need a preamp as well. If bass head, there are hundreds of choices.

5. My apologies... I'm going to be selling my bass head and would like to hear opinions on what would be a great power amp : )

6. Qsc, Peavey, Crown take your choice of price and power level (you did say just "power amp", not amp head).

7. Thx B : )

Years ago I used a Crest.... I just didn't if there was an elite power amp that was the "go to".. : )

8. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    No, there really isn't a "go to", there are many excellent choices out there. Depends on what your wish-list of features is, too; for example in my search for the smallest form factor, I found that bypassing the preamp on a GK MB500 makes it a very good power amp.

9. The playing field has been leveled quite a bit like bongomania said.