onboard auto-wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sub forum, Jul 6, 2004.

1. sub forum

sub forum

Jan 2, 2004
    I tried out a cort funk machine 2 TM Stevens model at the weekend ,it was pretty good but i was most impressed with the auto-wah switch. Does any one know what kind of circuit it is that is in this bass? I was thinking of trying to get my mitts on one to retrofit to my own bass. :help:
  2. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I think some old Alembics have a "Q" switch that acts like an auto-wah. Didn't know that Corts had them - I'd like to hear more talk about this...
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Well, I know there were little stamp-sized boxes with a 1/4" output and input that you plugged into your instrument, and some people removed the circuit board to install onboard the instrument. It's been done, don't know abou the TM Stevens model tho.
  4. geeyza

Apr 6, 2004
    I am not sure about the circuit on Cort TM Stevens model,but,the bass player for Nils Landgren Funk Unit,Magnum Coltrane Price has a DOD FX25 installed on his bass (I think it was a Hotwire Bass,or a Fender Jazz),and it sounds very good.perhaps you might want to do that?
    anyways,good luck mate
  5. sub forum

sub forum

Jan 2, 2004
    I think i will ask my local music store to take off the back plate so i can have a look see.they are very understanding.The bass itself the funk machine 2 is loaded with allsorts bartolini's, actives the works and reasonably priced but all i 'm after is the auto-wah ,you flick the switch and a cool red l.e.d. lights up and away you go instant Flea . :bassist: