1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Onboard effects

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Somnambulance, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Somnambulance

Somnambulance

Jun 6, 2014
    So, I wanted to put a trem or something inside of my Squire J since I have it routed for an active pre amp. It has bassmods one and I'm not a big fan of it, prefer the sound passive.

But I digress, what would be the easiest way of going about putting say a tremolo circuit within the control plate of the bass?

2. Will_White

Will_White

Jul 1, 2011
    Salem, OR
    Easiest way would be to buy a small trem pedal that would fit your control cavity and use a stacked pot for two volumes, then wire the output wires straight to the input of the trem pedal , if the pedal has a switched input, the wires from the battery need to be moved to the output jack, and use the existing holes for the trem controls, you also might want to replace the foot switch with something smaller. Downsides to this are you have no tone control with the trem switched off,

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    Somnambulance likes this.
  3. Fwiw, I've just designed a tremolo pedal and in the process of researching various circuits, I discovered that this cheapy is actually a copy of a boss TR2. The same (chinese) pedal is sold as either "bellcat" or "crossfire". It's not a direct clone, as it used more modern opamps, plus it doesn't have fet bypass switching, but a traditional true-bypass stomp switch - which would make it more straight forward to wire into a guitar. It has a modern, surface mount circuit board, so it is nice and compact as well. You could probably just slip heatshrink over the whole board. Plus, the rate and depth controls are both 100K linear pots, so you could use a stacked pot for these.

I have to ask though, why do you need a tremolo in your bass?

4. Somnambulance

Somnambulance

Jun 6, 2014
    I don't need it, I just want something cool like that lol

5. Crater

Crater

Oct 12, 2011
    Dallas, TX area
  6. Somnambulance

Somnambulance