Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Onboard Preamp by EBS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sammy, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Sammy

Sammy

Aug 31, 2000
    SoCal
    While surfing through the usual sites, I found this on the Luthiers Access Group site.

“Chris Larkin Reacter 5B – From Master Luthier Chris Larkin, we offer this fine bass. The body is Brazilian Mahogany, topped by Spalted Beech , with a matching headstock. The neck is also Brazilian Mahogany with a Rock Maple center section. Indian Rosewood fretboard. The pickups are by Kent Armstrong , the preamp is by EBS ( yes, THAT EBS!). The preamp is a 2 band unit, with an enhanced midrange filter. A very useful and unique preamp indeed. “

Wow! Has anyone tried an EBS onboard preamp?

2. TRU

TRU

Apr 12, 2002
    Northern Europe
    They've been standard on Neuser basses for nearly ten years. I think it's basically the same unit as their Microbass outboard preamp (discontinued). The treble control has a switch to make it either a treble or a mid/treble control. In the mid/treble mode boosting highs cuts mids at the same time and cutting highs boosts mids.

It is very powerful and the bass filter is nicely voiced.

3. Anyone has ever tried this one?

4. zsolti000

zsolti000

Jun 15, 2008
    I owe one, send me a PM with your email address and I can send you a short -official- description!

5. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    PM'd!

6. Here's some EBS onboard preamp info, which is quite hard to find:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]