Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ONBOARD PREAMPS & MISC, SPEAKERS

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by luknfur, Jul 11, 2004.

1. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    THE LISTED ITEMS ARE FOR SALE and are in good working condition and I'll back them as such. Shipping is uninsured USPS to 48 contiguous states.

Onboard Preamps

Haz Labs (PCB type out of early 80's Solidbody CF Martin EB-28 Bass and probaby only of use to someone with one (or an E-28): $20 shipped

Unmarked buffer that came with a Bart NTMB preamp: $15 shipped

------------------------------

EMG BQS control 3 band w/harness (V/B/T/VARIABLE MID): $75 Shipped SOLD
    Fender Marcus Miller 2 band: $50 shipped SOLD

Bart TCT w/harness (3 band): $75 shipped - SOLD

Bart XTCT-LZ (3 band out of Tobias classic 5): $75 shipped - SOLD

Bart NTMB w/harness (Bought new, less than a year old): $85 shipped - SOLD

Aguilar OBP 3 w/complete 4 pot harness : $110 shipped - SOLD

Bart DTA1.3 bufferSOLD

Speakers

Klipsch K43 15" 4 ohm

The Klipsch K43 was used in the industrial version of the LaScala; same speaker just no veneer and a black paintjob. Made by Eminence to Klipsch specs.

Specs compliments of Dharmabass (thanks again).

Best set of numbers I have for them (measured by someone who knows their stuff) is
    Fs=31hz
    Qms=6.6
    Qes=.26
    Vas=10.41cu.ft.
    x-max=.312"
    Qts=.25
    Re=3.2ohms
    Le=1.0mH
    SPL=101dB/2.83V
    I have no Pmax but I doubt it's going to be higher than 150W in a sealed or ported box. This driver was designed for a horn.

L'Acoustics 15" 8 ohm PA speaker (to my knowledge out of a DSOC -stadium venue - system) Extremely stout compared to Altecs and JBL's I've had with a Gauss like frame.

Have a pair of each of these.

$150 each plus actual shipping

This is some stuff I'm ready to cut loose of for sale or for swap/partial swap.

I'M WANTING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS IN SWAP: lipstick pups, original 4001 Rics, Bart replacement Rics, Maybe a Dimarzio MM replacement, a preamp mid unit (preferably Bart), and a few DPTT on-on-on switches - (swap for pots?).

2. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Hi luknfur,

If the bart NTMB pre comes available let me know...

3. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Bump. Bart NTMB available

4. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i didnt know klipsch made instrument speakers, very intresting

5. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    I wasn't aware of it till I looked into these. There just happened to be a set of concert cabs on ebay at the time that were Klispch. They have a 67 speaker code so they were manufactured by Eminence to Klipsch specs, as are speakers in Aguilar (and Epi's and Bergs to my knowledge) among most others. Not many speaker manufacturers around just as there are few string manufacturers about. Takes special equipment that is more profitably sub'd out to people that know their business.

So technically they're probably PA speakers but there's that ongoing debate about application of PA speakers for playing instruments. I've played bass through them and I can't tell any more difference between them any other bass speakers in terms of playability - they all vary in color. But I've never known of a Klispch speaker to be installed in a bass cab/amp.

6. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    that sounds super cool i wish i needed them id probably throw em in a cab out of principle. I live like 10 minutes from the klipsch factory and ive been there a few times. Pretty cool stuff, and amazing speakers. I can only imagine they are very hi-fi

7. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    I need to email Klipsch. There's nothing on their site about them that I saw but I've never contacted them. In fact I just accidently ran acrossed it recently. I think maybe through an ebay listing.

Altec's made musical instrument speakers also but I've never known of them to be installed in an amp/cab. I've got a 421-8LF that says musical instrument speaker right across the magnet. Sounds a lot like an Aguilar GS 112 but cleaner.

Klipsch sound more like a vintage JBL.

8. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    hey Ron,
    what's the pot config of the pre-wired obp-3?

9. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Interested once again...

10. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    PM sent.

vol/bass/mid/treble/blend - jack/batt clip

11. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
  12. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Aguilar OBP-3 SOLD

13. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Fender Marcus Miller 2 band added to list

14. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    The Klipsch K43 was used in the industrial version of the LaScala; same speaker just no veneer and a black paintjob. Made by Eminence to Klipsch specs.

Best set of numbers I have for them (measured by someone who knows their stuff) is
    Fs=31hz
    Qms=6.6
    Qes=.26
    Vas=10.41cu.ft.
    x-max=.312"
    Qts=.25
    Re=3.2ohms
    Le=1.0mH
    SPL=101dB/2.83V
    I have no Pmax but I doubt it's going to be higher than 150W in a sealed or ported box. This driver was designed for a horn.

15. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    That info is rrrrrrrrrrrreally appreciated. The guy said they came out of LaScala's but he also said they were in good working condition and I had to have one reconed so I didn't give it much credibility.

Fantastic - thanks (don't suppose he knows anything about L'Acoustics eh?)

16. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Bump'n To Please

17. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Bump'n to Please