OnBoard Research / Intellitouch - one of the good guys!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, Apr 9, 2001.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I purchased an Intellitouch tuner about a year ago, and have been very happy with it - happy enough to pick up a spare a few months later. Recently, one of them started acting a little flaky - the power button appeared to be "sticking". Of course, I couldn't find my receipt, so I emailed OnBoard Research (the manufacturers of Intellitouch) for instructions on how to crack open the case so I could look it over.

They strongly suggested I return it to them under warranty, receipt or no receipt - they were able to determine the age of the tuner from an internal label.

OK, I boxed it up an threw it in the mail last Monday, expecting to hear from them by the end of the month. Yeah, right.

Today, the maildude leans on the doorbell like he always does when we have a package. Lo and behold, there's a package from OnBoard with a BRAND NEW tuner! Those turkeys shipped me a replacement tuner THE SAME DAY MINE WAS RECEIVED!

It's too often we hear of crappy customer service this day and age, so I thought it would be refreshing to be able to report some truly exceptional service. Bravo, OnBoard!
  2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Cool, Heavy. I have an Intellitouch and I love it. If I want to tune in between sets, all I have to do is tuen my volume down. The Piezo will still work. Plus, I don't have an extra pedal in my signal chain. It's good to know they're a good company that puts out a good product. We need more people like those.

Will C.:cool: