Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Onboard Research PT1 Intellitouch Tuner

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by gruffpuppy, Aug 23, 2001.

1. Any one ever use one of these.
    [​IMG]

I want to get one to practice DB and make sure I am in tune.

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    The guitarist in our band uses one. How does it even work? Is it mic'ed? I tried using it once, got really frustrated, and went to my normal tuner. I vowed never to touch it again.

Later I went to the corner of my room and cried. That was such a long winter.

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I love mine, and use it on my acoustic g**t*rs and all my basses. It's a contact-type tuner, so you need to experiment to find the best attachment point for each of your instruments. Once you find the consistently "sweet spot", it works great!

4. It works on vibration. I have been playing my DB with a normal LED tuner to make sure I am hitting the note but the screen is to small.

I figure clipped to the bridge it should work nice but I also never really have used one.

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I have one and I love it! It works with a Piezo pickup, so if you want to tune up on the stage, all you have to do is turn your volume all the way down and tune up. Also, unlike a tuning pedal, it does not interfere with your sound, as it is out of your signal chain. I use it to tune my basses (Except the Steinberger), my guitars and my upright and it works great. I highly recommend it.

6. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Gruff, I just got one for my DB. It works just great...I clip it to the bridge, like you mentioned. I'm playing in a bluegrass band, and every one of us owns one.

7. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Big Wheel -

I don't know if you have an original or a Spirit, but I've found I can clip my Intellitouch to the bases of my kickstands on my Spirits. Works fine!

8. Thanks for the info, I get payed today so it is off to MarsMusic to get one.
    :)

Funny little tid-bit. I made a tape with a keyboard playing scales so I can get my ear and hands in shape on the DB. After tuning last night I left my tuner on by mistake. The 2 watt light blinked and I thought hmm maybe I can play with the tape and have the tuner on while watching for the green light that says good note. BLah blah blah Thanks again for the input.