Once and for all, does a Fender lic. neck fit an Essex?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jive1, Jun 9, 2005.

1. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I've done a search and haven't found anything that confirms whether a Fender licensed neck (Fender, Warmoth, Mighty Mite, All-parts) will actually fit an Essex bass.

So has anyone tried doing this? If so was it a simple fit, or did modifications need to be done? If you had to modify, what needed to be done?
  2. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    While we're at it. Will a short scale P-bass neck fit in the neck pocket of a Mustang bass? Does anybody make a replacement neck for the Mustang. Going to need a re-fret soon. :meh:
  3. Jiro

Mar 15, 2004
    ya been searching too for awhile and i need to know also. I need to know like clearly...Like for sure sure...
  4. I'd like to know exactly what they will fit other than U.S Fenders and Warmoths. I'd love to put a rosewood/pearl block neck on my blue agave mim j but I've heard they won't fit.
  5. dr_love2112

May 28, 2005
    baytown texas
    yes thell fit i have a squire neck on it but i had to plug the neck holes on the neck and drill new ones into the neck. yes all fenders/squire 4 string basses (i have seen) have a 2.5 inch neck widht. so thell be a 1/16 ich gap on each side. put the p bass on mustang body, as far as i know you can make it fit with a little bit of modding and bridge placement