Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Once you Go Shen You'll never Back.

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Farin, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Farin

Farin

Oct 19, 2004
    Akron, Ohio
    So this post is pretty much to Thank the people at Sam Shen and CSC Products (Parent Company) for not only making a great bass, but standing behind their warrenty.
    Last Feb. I bought a Sam Shen Willow Bass from Andy Stetson at The Bass Cellar in in Cinci, OH. It was an awsome bass when I bought it. Sounded great, felt great, was great. But a few months ago I noticed it was developing a nasty crack on the ribs. I contact Sam Shen and they said that they would repair the bass at no cost to me... No questions asked.
    I took the bass down to Andy, and he said that he would fix it, and do it the right way to ensure that it wouldn't happen again. He also assured me that I must have gotten the lemon, because hes very rarely had problems with Shen basses. Apperently the braces were pulled to tight when constructed. He pulled the top off, fixed the cracks, and fixed the brace problem. Great Job. Looks awsome, but heres the kicker...
    It sounds 300% better than when I took it. The only reason I can think of is that A. I had the top pulled off, so they must have reset the sound post, or B. I had an upgraded endpin put on it (Andy Stetson's signature Endpin... its awsome). Its like getting a whole new and better bass.
    So here's the deal:
    If your looking to buy a bass, and want a great sounding, great playing bass at a fraction of the cost, buy a Sam Shen. You won't regret it. I know 2 other people that have bought Shen basses and they are just as pleased as I am.
    And THANK YOU John Sprague at Sam Shen, and THANK YOU Andy Stetson and Chris Roberts at the Bass Cellar. You guys have 100% approval by me. I don't doubt you guys for a second.
    THANKS!!!

2. Jeff Bollbach

Jeff Bollbach Jeff Bollbach Luthier, Inc.

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    Yah, Spra-goo is the bomb but I don't know about those other guy's bass work. They do however make awesome drinking buddies.

3. Farin

Farin

Oct 19, 2004
    Akron, Ohio
    Heh, Jeff.
    They def. are the guy's guys. My girlfriend got a kick out of the Calendar with the Bikini Model posing with a Double Bass (Prescott perhaps) in their work shop.
    What a bunch of great guys.

4. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    No need to thank me Farin, I'm just glad we've got your bass healthy again. Thanks for your patience thru the repair process!