Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

One adapter to 2 pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by semborg, Jul 16, 2005.

1. I got the BOSS loop station (The new one) and I want to add
    Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner.

Can I use one adapter to power this two cats?
    (In the Loop station manual it says "Use boss adapter ONLY")

Thank you

/victor wooten <---- kidding

2. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    Yep. You just need a Daisy Chain
    [​IMG]

A boss one, you can plug it on your TU-2.

Don't care what Boss says. Just use a musical adapter, 1spot, Godlyke, Boss, Ibanez, no matter.

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I use a 1 Spot. It's powering 7 stomps so far.

4. Ah, Thank you.

5. but hey, my Loop station has 6 batteries in it, and the tuner can only have two I think...

Can the two pedals be used with the daisy chain cable, even if they need not equal power?

6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    6XAA or 6X9v?

If it's 6XAA then you're in the clear. That's 9V (if it's connected in series, which it probably is).

If it's 6X9v then I have no idea what to do :)

7. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    Don't bother with this. Just look what you need, it's written in the manual, or besides the power adaptater socket, on your RC20. 9V, 150mA for example. You can power pedals with a daisy chain that need the SAME VOLTAGE. They can have different current need.

In this case, you can power TU-2 and RC-20 with a Boss PSA without problems.

8. ah, Thank you alot.

9. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    +1 to everything said.

The RC-20 an Rc-2oX are both 9volt pedals, they just chose to use AA batteries (6x1.5 volts) instead of a single 9-volt.

I use a Godlyke Power Supply, and I've run 11 pedals (I guess my power supply goes to 11...)

Anyway, when running through the Tuner as a power supply, you have to keep the total current (the mA's written in the specs) below 200. Also check the body of whatever wallwart you are using and make sure the output is 9V DC, and atleast 200mA. If it outputs more, that's ok. It will only supply the amount of current (mA) that is required by the pedals, up to the maximum output. If your 2 pedals only draw 45 mA, it will only draw 45mA from the adapter.

With just an RC-20X and a TU-2, you should be fine.

10. Running through tuner as a power supply?

What do you mean?

11. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    The TU-2 has 2 power jacks on it.

1 is for Power in, the other acts as a small power supply.

I thought that was how you were going to run these pedals.

12. Ah I didnt know that.
    So I put the Adapter to the TU-2 and then a daisy chain cable from the TU-2 to the Loop Station right?

13. bassman314

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Yup indeed!!

14. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    This should work fine, alternatively you can just use the daisy chain cable before the pedals and use it to power both of 'em... may/may not make a differnce depedning on the ergonomics. FYI, 1Spot + Godlyke also make daisy chain cables, I've got both and personally prefer the 1Spot due to the distance between plugs and the fact that the plugs are right-angle.