Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

One Avatar SB112 Cabinet For Sale- Mint Condition

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by squarewave, Dec 17, 2004.

1. squarewave

squarewave Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    Hi-

I'm sure listing something for sale the week of Christmas is the absolute worst time, but consider it a Christmas gift to yourself...

I have for sale one 8-ohm Avatar SB-112 cabinet. It has a single 12" and tweeter. It is nearly unused, and in mint condition. I bought two of them, then decided to go for some EA gear. I sold one of the two (thanks Talkbass Forum), and have one remaining.

The cab sounds great and is lightweight and compact. It is packed in the original box and ready to ship.

Here is some info clipped from the avatar web site:
    -----------------------------------
    The newly redesigned front ported SB112 full range bass guitar cab has an American made Heavy Duty Eminence DELTA 12 LF bass speaker which is rated at 500 RMS Watts and a Foster compression horn tweeter. The 12 has a large 56 ounce magnet and a 2.5 inch high temperature vented voice coil. The cab is made from 3/4 inch voidless plywood with rabbet and dado interlocking side joints for extreme strength. The enclosure is covered in black carpet, has protective corners, large recessed bar handles. The rear steel input panel has a SPEAKON connector and dual 1/4" in/out jacks (for daisy chaining with other speaker cabs) with adjustable tweeter volume control. The 12 inch bass speaker and tweeter are protected by a full face steel diamond pattern expanded metal grill. It is Front ported and is available in 4 ohm or 8 ohm. This SB112 cab mates up beautifully with the other Avatar B210/B410/B212/B115 cabs. Dimensions 17.34"H X 25"W X 16.5"D.

http://www.avatarspeakers.com/ for additional info.
    -----------------------------------------------

Will ship in original box for $200 including shipping in the Continental U.S. Make an offer if you want to, but keep in mind that the cab is in mint condition and only has a few hours of use on it. If you pm or email an offer, please bump this thread for me. Stuff drops very quickly around here.

$250 is the cost from Avatar (if you need two of them) which is also a good deal.

PayPal prefered. Other forms of payment also accepted. Will ship the day after payment is received. Thanks for looking.

Jeff

2. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    Here is a photo. The Zebrawood bass in the foreground is one that I built many years ago, by the way.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    PM dispatched.

-Mike

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    PM sent again.....I think I may have just bought my first Avatar cab.

-Mike

5. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    Memphis
    Mike,
    I have an SB-112. It's a great match for a Jazz. Which is good, since you are so totally copying me.

6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I just bought one to match with my B210. Great little lightweight cab. I was thinking of getting another one.

7. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    Yes, I was impressed with the cab too during the short time I used it. Here is a photo of it ready to be put in the box and shipped to MJ5150, if he decides to buy it.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Mmmmmmm.....yes, I have decided to buy it.

-Mike

9. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    Great! Consider this one sold.

10. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Dangitt... too late...

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

yeah dude....I learned early on at TB to jump on a deal if you want it. I found a couple Aggie GS112's over at HC for $250 each if you want one of those.

-Mike

12. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Yeah, I know, I just missed these somehow. Thanks. I'll check over there. :)