1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

One bass does it all..

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Craigmartini, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Craigmartini

Craigmartini

Feb 15, 2009
    Cleveland
    Endorsing Artist: EMG pickups, Harke, GRABBIT stands.
    Hey all,
    Check out my old 97' Yamaha bbg4 making all these different sounds. My whole record is made with just this bass, drum loops and my voice. Here is a new video! We filmed this in my hometown. Even got one of my high school teachers in the video. Thanks for taking the time to open this thread and check it out. Have a great day!
    Craig

2. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

you have a great day!

nice work! fun video --- but great creative behind it all. you did good! real good. thanks for sharing your talent(s)! :thumbsup:

Reedt2000 likes this.
  3. Craigmartini

Craigmartini

Feb 15, 2009
    Cleveland
    Thank you JRA!! I really appreciate you taking the time to watch this video, and offer your words of encouragement and support!

JRA likes this.
  4. JRA

easy to do for a class act! you did a great job! ;)

Son of Wobble and Craigmartini like this.
  5. Craigmartini

Craigmartini

Feb 15, 2009
    Cleveland
    Thank you! You are too kind my friend! If you’re feeling up to watching another one.... You might like this one too... I do these songs live with a looper. Here’s one of my other songs done with the looper.

delta7fred, Frampton, smogg and 8 others like this.
  6. JRA

ha! cool to see the maestro in action! cool tunes, great execution/playing, clever presentation ---neat stuff! :thumbsup:

The Owl likes this.
  7. Craigmartini

Craigmartini

Feb 15, 2009
    Cleveland
    So cool of you to take time to watch this! Thanks again for the kind words! All the best to you

Son of Wobble and JRA like this.
  8. fjbass78

fjbass78

Jun 21, 2007
    Indiana
    Nice! thanks for sharing.

9. Killah... nice job. I think we might be from the same era and I dig the vibe and the singing as well as the bass playing !

Fantastic!Keep on keepin on!

10. Koog

Koog Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Central Iowa USA
    Hey Craig,

Very nice job on these. I think your work is very creative and has potential to gain great popularity. I particularly like how tight the two tracks are and the clear, defined quality of the individual parts you've created.

I think Still Here is a super vid. Music is great and the footage is both entertaining and funny.

Best wishes for success!

Koog

11. FishDub

FishDub Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    Nice! If I didn't know the bass you were using beforehand then I would have asked afterwards:thumbsup:
    I guess you can let us know what strings?

12. Davbassdude

Davbassdude

Mar 16, 2012
    Florida
    Good Job on the video; including music and production. Excellent camera work and scenery. Very effective use of sites in your city!

13. Roxbororob

Roxbororob Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Montreal
    Hey nice work Craig! Creative, catchy and well executed.

14. nilorius

nilorius

Oct 27, 2016
    Riga - Latvia
    No....you can always have the other one that can make the impossible difference. I have 3 good different basses, but still didn't decide which is the one for the most time.

15. micguy

micguy

May 17, 2011
    Nice video, however, this is Talkbass. Talk of "one bass" is not allowed here.

Reedt2000 and SunByrne like this.
  16. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

Loved it - great music, song and video. Keep up the good work! Nothing like knowing how to really use your tools!

17. Craigmartini

Craigmartini

Feb 15, 2009
    Cleveland
    Thank you for watching! fjbass78!

fjbass78 likes this.
  18. Craigmartini

Craigmartini

Feb 15, 2009
    Cleveland
    Thank you pbass888! I was born in 73' so the late 70's and early 80's started it all for me. I appreciate the kind words of encouragement!

19. Craigmartini

Craigmartini

Feb 15, 2009
    Cleveland
    Hey Koog! Thank you so much for taking the time to watch these videos! My brother did all the filming and editing of the video. We came up with different concepts together and just filmed a bunch of stuff. It's really been a lot of fun, and he's the perfect guy to make my videos since he's known me my whole life and gets my goofy humor. All the best!

20. Craigmartini

Craigmartini

Feb 15, 2009
    Cleveland
    Ahh yes, my absolute favorite strings, earnie ball Cobalt!! Absolutely the greatest strings I've ever used. I've always been a stainless steel junkie, but once I tried these, there is just no going back. They sound like a piano, so rich with tone it's amazing.

smeet and FishDub like this.