1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

one bass to rule the world

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dreadheadbass, Sep 2, 2008.

1. dreadheadbass

dreadheadbass

Dec 17, 2007
    england
    ok a good easy one for you all and one for everyone to show off their toys
    basically were going to create a false scenario here lets assume a nuke is about to go off or something similar you have to pack your stuff and you have to get out double time to some random cave where you'll be staying for the next 20 years (or something similar)

there's room on the coach for one bass one cab and one amp
    out of your collection which would you save?
    lets also assume that at the end of this cash will be worthless so dont just save the most expensive gear you have save the ones you love the most

one more thing..... pictures!!!! lets see your bass family's and lets see the one your saving so everyone knows what your sacrificing etc etc

2. Well, there'd be no electricity in the cave...

3. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    My Warmoth Custom Shop Corvette Proline and a Mesa Walkabout Scout 1x12 combo. Assuming we have electricity in our cave, that is. I like all my other instruments, but this one was made just for me, to my specs.

4. funkifiedsoul

funkifiedsoul Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2007
    We should see a lot of acoustics here.

5. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    My wife, as being locked in a cave with her would be waaaay more entertaining in the long run then the bass would be. :: wink wink ::

6. vinestreet

vinestreet

Aug 17, 2008
    Singapore
    Is there room on the coach for 40 sets of spare strings for the next 20 years?

7. One set of flats should last you. :D

8. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    I was thinking of doing a thread real close to this but in my scenario I was going to say you could grab 2 of your basses and no more.

Grabbing just one of mine would be so hard to do...of my eight, 3 come to my mind first off, my T40, my Fender Cowpoke, and my Dyna....

The Dyna is rather small to me so it would be good as far as space is required, but its active so once the battery went out thats that. Though it wouldn't matter much cause there'd probably be no electricity.

The T40 is HEAVY AS HELL so that would be a pain evacuating with that monster. But, its passive so no battery probs AND it'd make one hell of a club to fight off the nut casses running around.

The Cowpoke is active so again, theres the battery issue BUT its just a wicked bass that has a pretty loud sound even not plugged in so that would work with no electricity. Its fairly light so theres the ease of evacuating with that one.

Mmmm .... I think in the circumstance given..the T40 would be the one I'd grab. You got a wicked bass to play, no battery issues AND a WEAPON to boot.

9. CraigG

CraigG

Mar 14, 2006
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Well, if it's a cave and there's no electricity, I hope my luthier friend who has been allowing me to use his custom built upright bass will let me keep it. Otherwise, I better start making plans to buy my own.

10. paganjack

paganjack

Dec 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    ibanez atk305. it will both survive the apocalypse and function as a nice heavy club. batteries would be an issue, but i bet i could scavenge some/trade someone for a few 9Vs.
    i guess i would take my GK amp, seeing as it's the only decent one i've got.