1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

One Bump 24 hours?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jeff Elkins, Apr 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jeff Elkins

Jeff Elkins Supporting Member

Not sure if the display is off, the rule is off, or the history is off, but it appears as if bumps aren't allowed except every 25 hours OR the history doesn't display correctly.

I bumped my ad For Sale - Phil Jones Bass BG 400 Suitcase Compact yesterday. I went to bump it today, and checked the history: It says it was bumped yesterday at 1:41 PM. But when I try to bump it now (1:56 PM) it shows (and tells) that I need to wait to bump it until 2:41 PM.

"Error: You have to wait for 01d seconds between Up for a thread. Please try again after 44:04 seconds."

If it's 25 hours between bumps, cool--that's not what I thought, nor is that what the rule says in the Double Bass classifieds forum (I realize that there's a disclaimer between forums, but it doesn't actually SAY in the Electric Bass classified forum rules how many hours between), but if that's what it is, no sweat. It's not costing me anything, nor is it injuring me in any way. Except that I set myself a reminder. :)

But if it's supposed to be 24, there appears to be a glitch. Since I don't remember exactly when I bumped yesterday, the glitch may be in the History display. Maybe it's showing as CST instead of EST?

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    It must be a timezone glitch. Looking at the bump history it shows to me that you bumped it at 1:41 yesterday and 1:43 today. I just cleared the bump history logs so maybe that'll fix something. Regardless, it SHOULD be 86400 seconds (24 hours) as that's what set in admin options.

3. Jeff Elkins

Jeff Elkins Supporting Member

Cool! Thanks, Paul. Time zone it is. I bumped at 2:43 today, my time.

Shoot. Could have answered my own question by checking the history right after I bumped.

So that's the bug, then. Bump history displays times in Central time! Or... local time minus one hour...

paul likes this.