1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

One Button Or Two?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MrBassman17, Nov 26, 2018.

1. MrBassman17

MrBassman17

Dec 30, 2011
    Brewster, NY
    Just got a used Ashdown Rootmaster 220. So far, great sounding head through my Aguilar GS112.
    My question is do I use the one button or two button foot switch? It has that 'octaves' feature (which I really like) as well as a Drive feature as well. I'm thinking that a two button will toggle each separately? But it has 'aux in & out' 1/4" TRS connection as well, so maybe that will be one of the switchable functions? Nowhere I can find any info on this, but I know all y'all TB'ers will come through!
    Thanks in advance.

2. Email Ashdown and ask them what foot switch the amp’s functions were designed around.

3. Two buttons on a foot switch with a single 1/4" TRS should work to control two functions on an amp.
    PROVIDED the amp was designed to work that way.

That's PROBABLY what your deal is. BUT... always smart to check with the manufacturer before acting on assumptions.
    Is the manual available for download?

agedhorse likes this.
  4. MrBassman17

MrBassman17

Dec 30, 2011
    Brewster, NY
    Thats a great idea! Never thought about that! Thanks!

5. MrBassman17

MrBassman17

Dec 30, 2011
    Brewster, NY
    Exactly my thoughts as well. The manual is available but says nothing useful about which switch to use.

6. My Trace was built under the now big kahuna of Ashdown. Random wrong doing in my Trace footswitch input blew up the preamp.

Old Garage-Bander likes this.
  7. Around these parts Random Wrong Doing on musical instruments is punishable by law.
    First offense gets you a mandatory 30 day sentence as an assistant roadie for a local garage band.

8. briandavismurph

briandavismurph Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Chicago
    I have received very speedy replies and great service from ashdown Cust service