one cab or two?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CosmicRay, Sep 4, 2010.

1. CosmicRay

CosmicRay Supporting Member

I'm interested in an Eden D410XLT cab.

My issue is 4 ohms or 8 ohms. I will most likely not use this cab with any other cabs, so I'd like to get the best out of my WT800C...(4 ohms I guess would do it.)

What about 2 D210XLT's (@ 8 ohms each) - would I get the same response/tone/sound as the one D410XLT ?

This would also sort of solve the ohms issue and give me a rig for smaller venues if I use one cab.

Any help, suggestions, advice would be most welcome.

Thanks!:confused:

2. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    I had a pair of 210XLTs a few years ago and they did work great for what you are thinking of doing for versitiliy . One does get pretty loud and will do practices and small bar gigs no problem and sound very full and clear but they are heavy , 68 pounds . The extended lows 210 , 210XST is lighter and will do a fiver better but I really had no problem with the XLT for five strings .

I haven't played the 410XLT so I can't say how different it would sound but the only minus I ever had with my pair of 210 XLTs was the weight . Played together they were huge sounding .

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021