1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

one cab, two speakers, different rates.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ayalt, Mar 31, 2013.

  1. Ayalt


    Aug 3, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    I own a cab that has a 12" woofer and a tweeter.
    The cab is Self powered by a peavey power amp that was taken out of a PA powered speaker, and its actually a bi-amp sending 200w to the woofer and 70w to the tweeter.
    Luckily i paid very little money for this cab and after buying it I found out that the amp that runs the twitter is busted and I'm getting only the low end when I play bass through it (or anything else for that instance) and thought I could make a better usage of this cab if I could run it with my EA amp.

    My question is - what kind of a crossover design do I need so the power divides between the two elements in a way that wouldn't blow any of them?
    A referral to some schematics would be great


Share This Page