One Control Mosquite Owners:

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jacoby75, Feb 9, 2018.

1. jacoby75

jacoby75 Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Coldwater, MI
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Guitars, DR Strings
    Hey guys,

For those of you who have or have owned a One Control Mosquite Blender (either with or without the expression, I suppose), I have a question. Is there any volume loss throughout the wet/dry blend spectrum? I'm interested in trying one but my only concern is it not having an extra volume boost in case the blending process causes a volume dip. Have you ever noticed that to be an issue? The gentleman from Saturnworks indicated in a video that blenders form an X pattern with the blended and dry signals, and when you have it at 50/50 (where the lines of the X cross), there can be a volume loss.

Thanks

2. JohnPativens

JohnPativens

Sep 20, 2005
    Italy
    I never noticed any with mine. Maybe it's something depending on which other pedals are involved..

Hypercaffium likes this.
  3. jacoby75

jacoby75 Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Coldwater, MI
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Guitars, DR Strings
    Thank you.

JohnPativens likes this.
  4. triviani

triviani

Oct 23, 2010
    There's a version with a switchable buffer, there's no volume drop at all with the buffer on.
    However, not all pedals reacted well to the buffer, some of them popped when turned on, and you will have to find the right combination of pedals on the loop

Hypercaffium likes this.
  5. Hi,
    I have this exact version of the Mosquito:
    13256946_800.jpg
    The only pedal I have in its loop is a Shoe Pixel (gated fuzz).
    Having separate volumes for dry and wet signals, this pedal will be ideal for the OP. I've had the impression that the both the dry and wet signals can be pushed above unity gain, which can cause some hiss some people reported (minor, in my case). Plus, I can control the fuzz output volume on the fuzz pedal, so it's impossible to not reach unity gain in my situation.
    I've also noticed that leaving the blender always on and turning on/off the fuzz generates a loud "pop", while doing the exact opposite works well. I had to move the phase switch to remove a minor pop that was still there, and the problem disappeared completely.
    The buffer switch definitely works, but it doesn't do anything. The same is for the trail switch, but it worked when I've tried a delay in the loop.

6. kidkolumbo

kidkolumbo

Oct 15, 2013
    Chicago
    I have the older version. I have volume loss. More specifically, my clean signal comes through strong, and my dry signal looses a lot of volume and bass, and I don't know what's going on. Anyone have any thoughts? It did have some volume loss when I first got it, but this seems to have progressed.