ONE epiphone eb3-5 string pickup not working....

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by alxh99, Nov 30, 2004.

1. :help: If anyone has a wiring diagram of an epiphone eb3-5 string, or can tell me where the green wire goes, mine has recently come undone and I DO NOT KNOW WHERE TO SOLDER IT ON!! If you are familiar with the electronics you know more about it than I do and I could use the help.

I have tried posting a pic but it isn't cooperating so I will try to describe it best as possible. The green disconnected wire is coming from the front (near the neck not bridge) pickup. A red and white wire are attached to the volume knob that is currently not functioning, and the green wire is coming from that same source from the pickup. Guessing because of length, I am almost certain it is supposed to be connected to the switch located very close by. The problem is I don't know where. If anyone knows what I'm talking about,.....PLEASE HELP!!!!
  2. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

don't know about this situation specifically but in general, I've had wires come loose in a harness before and 99% of the time, by taking the length of the wire, the direction it's bent, and a magnifying glass, I could look at the possible connection and tell if something was soldered there that isn't there anymore. If a contact is clean, obviosly, it's never been soldered before and doesn't go there.

There's no damage that can result by soldering it to the wrong place. Just keep amp volume down.

Going by my paperwork, green for a Dimarzio pup should be a hot lead so it probably goes to the switch or center/left lug of volume pot depending.