1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

One For My Fellow Brits...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tituscrow, Jan 21, 2013.

1. That link has been doing the facebook rounds the past couple days.

I must admit, I laughed.

2. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Inactive

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Oh has it? Only saw it today! Unbelievable. Would love to have been a fly on the wall in the office of the top brass when they realised their faux-pas :)

3. I was actually watching Tweenies with my son when that came on. I laughed. :D

Let's face it, the vast majority of the intended audience (ie, under-7s) have no idea who Savile was. This is just the parents and the media kicking up a totally unnecessary anti-BBC s***storm. It also made the front page of The Scum today - any excuse for a Murdoch paper to bash the Beeb.

We love Cbeebies in our house, it's practically worth the licence fee by itself.

I think the perv police need to keep an eye on that Justin Fletcher bloke though - I suspect he's going to be found one day in a Pee Wee Herman-like compromising position... :D

4. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Inactive

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    You.....you....you can't say that about Mr Tumble! Outrageous!

Geoffrey from Rainbow on the other hand...

5. I shudder to think what him and that one-armed girl who does the continuity links do when the cameras are turned off. :D

6. Over New Year my cousin was over with his young son, so we ended up with CBeebies and whatnot on the TV, anyway, one of the programs was the standard story telling type affair, with Robert Webb reading a story to kids . . . surreal!

7. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Inactive

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    The Cat from Red Dwarf being The Storymaker, with Jelly and Jackson. Now that's a trip :)

8. Haha, I saw that too! A number of years ago when cramming in the early morning for an exam.

Madness I say, madness!

9. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Inactive

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    And I'm old enough to remember Rik Mayall reading Jackanory...

10. It's on Youtube! That's amazing!

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021