1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD one for the crotch! (walnut, that is!) FODERA inside!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by More or Les, Feb 19, 2019.

1. More or Les

More or Les Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    Price:
    Strings:
    I couldn't resist. Apologies to anyone who may be offended by my liberal use of the word "crotch".

Yes, it is a magnificent Crotch Walnut Fodera, and yes, the fingerboard is indeed that elusive BRAZILLIAN ROSEWOOD.

Now, some details.....

Specs for the Crotch Walnut Emperor 5 Deluxe:

Body Woods
    • Emperor
    • Alder Body
    • No Tone Block
    • Crotch Walnut Top (Solid)

Neck Woods
    • Brazilian Rosewood Fingerboard
    • 3-pc. Hard Rock Maple
    • Mother-of-Pearl Dot Inlays with Tulips on the 12th and 24th Frets

Construction Specs
    • Birth Date - August 2014
    • Dovetail Construction
    • 34" Scale Length
    • 5 String Configuration (19.0mm Spacing)
    • 24 Frets (Large)

Electronics Options
    • Fodera / Pope Custom 3-Band Preamp
    • Fodera / Duncan J/J Single Coils
    • Emperor Control Layout

Weight = 9.8 lbs
    Nut width = 1 and 7/8”
    Both sets of pickups (SD & AC) included
    Fodera Deluxe Case included

and for pics, here's Fodera's own "newborn" page....

Crotch Walnut Emperor 5 Deluxe

The model is the EMPEROR DELUXE

the bass left the factory with Seymour Duncan J/J SINGLE COILS, and this, from the Bass Guru from whom I purchased this beauty...

"This bass is truly exceptional and the Alleva Coppolo pickups added to this bass completes the quest for the ultimate tone in a 60s style jazz bass."
    When I got this bass, it sounded so good, I left the ALLEVA-COPPOLLO pickups in place. Not to worry, the Duncans are safely packaged away in the top rated red velvet FODERA teardrop case.

I've had many Fodera instruments....I only mention this because I have simply run out of superlatives in attempting to describe the qualities of their instruments, and this one may simply out-do them all. Gorgeous, Sexy, balanced, and weighted under 10 lbs, a big bonus for this model as you may already know.

I've inspected it, looked it over many times, and cannot find a blemish on her. It's all a butterfly should be- and then some. Dare I call it the PERFECT BASS? You can be the judge.

I'm game for a trade, but obviously it must be special. Cash preferred of course..

crotch1.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019