One for the "Motor-Heads" (no bass content!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Wil Davis, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Here's a link to some photos I took at a car-show here in New England a couple of weeks ago:

Castle Hill

- Wil
  2. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA

one of the coolest cars ever! GREAT PICS!
  3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I can't look at XK Jags without remembering I passed up several nice ones for around $4000-$5000 back in my USAF days.

I did get a 67 Porsche and it was probably far more reliable and still pretty sweet but the XKE's were... oh never mind:( :)

Thanks a lot, Wil ;)
  4. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
  5. Coolest car ever - 1970 Chevelle SS (with the 454)
  6. Mike N

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Which one? There were two 454's offered in 1970.
    The LS-6. Alum heads, rated at 450 hp.
    The LS-5. Iron heads, rated at 390 hp.
  7. I was only aware of there being the LS6. So, that one. ;) A Chevelle looks really nice in red, btw.

8. You must be mistaken....the coolest car ever is the 1969 Mustang Fastback.

Mopar > GM :p
  9. Spam2mapS

Jun 26, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I agree 100% :)
  10. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i was kinda thinkin' the ford gt-40...whatever doesn't matter, but i kinda dig the new concept gt-40...or maybe a lotus exige

hey, sweet pics wil!
  11. Austin Healey....something. I'll guess 3000 MkIII, but that's a way out there guess.

I've always wanted to get a MGB and just hack away on it. Got tons of drivetrain options (parents own an automobile recycling yard). Just have something that will never be a show car, and design absolutely everything except the overall body shape. Put something in there other than some crappy tractor engine.
  12. Mike N

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    How about using a 500 cid Caddy engine? Theres more stuff available for these engines than youd believe, and if you can fit it in its 100lbs lighter than a BB Chevy. I built one years ago for a 77 Blazer with 44's, and it was a torque monster.