Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

One for the "Motor-Heads" (no bass content!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Wil Davis, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Here's a link to some photos I took at a car-show here in New England a couple of weeks ago:

Castle Hill

- Wil

2. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    [​IMG]

one of the coolest cars ever! GREAT PICS!

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I can't look at XK Jags without remembering I passed up several nice ones for around $4000-$5000 back in my USAF days.

I did get a 67 Porsche and it was probably far more reliable and still pretty sweet but the XKE's were... oh never mind:( :)

Thanks a lot, Wil ;)

4. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
  5. Coolest car ever - 1970 Chevelle SS (with the 454)

6. Mike N

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Which one? There were two 454's offered in 1970.
    The LS-6. Alum heads, rated at 450 hp.
    The LS-5. Iron heads, rated at 390 hp.

7. I was only aware of there being the LS6. So, that one. ;) A Chevelle looks really nice in red, btw.

8. You must be mistaken....the coolest car ever is the 1969 Mustang Fastback.

Mopar > GM :p

9. Spam2mapS

Spam2mapS

Jun 26, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I agree 100% :)

10. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i was kinda thinkin' the ford gt-40...whatever year...it doesn't matter, but i kinda dig the new concept gt-40...or maybe a lotus exige

[​IMG]

hey, sweet pics wil!

11. Austin Healey....something. I'll guess 3000 MkIII, but that's a way out there guess.

I've always wanted to get a MGB and just hack away on it. Got tons of drivetrain options (parents own an automobile recycling yard). Just have something that will never be a show car, and design absolutely everything except the overall body shape. Put something in there other than some crappy tractor engine.

12. Mike N

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    How about using a 500 cid Caddy engine? Theres more stuff available for these engines than youd believe, and if you can fit it in its 100lbs lighter than a BB Chevy. I built one years ago for a 77 Blazer with 44's, and it was a torque monster.