Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

one handed double bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by DareDevil, Apr 6, 2002.

1. DareDevil

DareDevil

Feb 17, 2002
    Southport, FL
    I just saw this psychobilly band called Black Cat and their bassist played a double bass with one hand. He was missing his left hand, and this man has become my new hero. Their band was really good and they kicked ass and he came out into the crowd and played amongst the people, he was a really cool guy, but when I yelled out "Free Bird" he put his hand in his pocket and said "I got your Free bird" and proceeded to give me the finger. other than that cool band, cool guy talented bass player.

2. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Ummm...how did he play?

3. DareDevil

DareDevil

Feb 17, 2002
    Southport, FL
    he had kind of like a wrist that he could move down a little so he pressed down the string with that, and everytime he wanted to change notes he had to move his entire arm, so it was pretty impressive considering how fast he was playing.

4. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I'm going to move this to the DB side. Maybe they'll have a better answer for you. Good luck. ;)

5. Well I'm stumped...

6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Oh, no, you didn't....:D

7. He played with a stump?

8. DareDevil

DareDevil

Feb 17, 2002
    Southport, FL
    yeah he had a little wrist that didn't have much movement but he could press it down enough to hold down the string, it was very interesting to watch. If they're website ever gets running again I'll show you some pics.