Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

one HEFTY price tag

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sandman1278, Apr 21, 2005.

1. njdenis1

njdenis1

Dec 12, 2004
    oh my god, i wouldnt take that bass given to me as a gift lol

2. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Just about anything "Zemaitis" is going to be a 5-figure ordeal...especially since you don't see many Z basses at all.

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Wow... I love that metal top thing he has going on... and the headstock is killer! :bassist: If only I could afford it... curious as to how it sounds.

Ray

4. the really beuty of this istrument is the artwork carved out onto the metal plate covering the body

5. You couldn't pay me to take that hunk of crap

6. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas

+1

The rest of the bass is extremely unflattering to put it nicely. :rollno:

7. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    Big deal.
    here's ten bucks. buy a mirror for that thing. :D
    john

8. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    No doubt the build quality is top notch. The design is a matter of taste, but looks like a big oops to me. The engraving has to be just about the worst I've ever seen though. The leaves look ok, but everything else on the body is sloppy and uneven. No way that kind of work belongs on a 10K instrument. The metal top should either follow the body contour or compliment it. As it is, it looks like it was done pretty carelessly. Oh and those pickguard screws...
    All done to a lower standard. :meh:

9. Matteran

Matteran Banned

Jan 1, 2005
    Santa Rosa, CA
    i really like the curvy body shape. I think it's a very original looking instrument, but a p-bass pickup... no thanks.

10. really nice engraving, but 10G? never... lol.

11. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    who is Zemaitis?

12. People, people, people, let's remember that just because you put a $10,000 price tag on something doesn't mean it's worth $10,000. A bass is worth whatever the market will bear (or what someone will pay for it) at any given time.

Let's wait and see if anybody buys it. If so, then, I guess to someone, it is worth $10,000.

Zemaitis is kind of like Carl Thompson (to me). I've never been impressed with any of their instruments, but for some reason people pay insane amounts of money for them.