Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

One hell of an "I told you so"!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jan 12, 2005.

1. rkatapt

rkatapt

Jun 7, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Quote: Now when Smith speaks, people listen. And he has a new message: The United States must take some of the blame for the grievous number of casualties.

The U.S. gets blamed for everything I knew when that happened someone would say that it's the United States fault that more people died than should of...............

There is no one to blame this was a natural cause we go on and hopefully learn something from it.

PS sorry about the off topic rant.....

2. odie

odie Supporting Member

What a crock of freakin BS!!! Why do we have to take blame?? Are we the world baby sitter?? Forget that last comment :rolleyes:

3. THAT was blatently stupid. Of COURSE the Hawaii Tsunami Center couldn't warn the coutries affected.

1. Their series of seismometers are all set up in the Pacific Ocean, not the Indian. Yes, they saw the earthquake, but roughly 30-45 minutes AFTER it happened.

2. By the time someone realised that a Tsunami was GOING to happen due to the earthquake, it had already pounded Indonesia, Thailand, and was minutes away from slamming Sri Lanka

3. IF they could have called the correct people IMMEADIATLEY, what would those people have done? India, Thailand, Sumatra, all those place don't have any sort of warning system in place. They would have had to call every local police and fire station along the coast, and then had them go out to warn people. WAY too late.

Moron. Anyone can predict that a Tsunami, Earthquake, Hurricane or whatever will happen, cause they always DO happen. Look, I'll do it right now. I predict that a large (6.0 or bigger) earthquake will hit the Los Angeles area sometime in the near future.

Now watch. If one hits 10 years from now, I will say I was right, why didn't anyone listen to me? And people will think I was a genius. Even if one hits 50 years from now, all I will need to say is the near GEOLOGIC future, in which 50 years is no time at all.

Rock on
    Eric

4. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Some of the middle east media (and probably a ton of their puppets) are blaming the quake, tsunami, and the casualties on "US nuclear testing" in the area.

Jackasses.

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Wow! Now y'all know what it's like to be black! :D

6. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Post of the year! :D

7. rkatapt

rkatapt

Jun 7, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    LOL.........

8. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Man I love that.

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Haha! I'm going to write a book now.."Black Like Me 2"

brad cook

10. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    I've been black for 2 years now :D

11. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...I was born a poor black child...

:D

ON TOPIC: Stupid "forecaster", Eric is right on the money, who the hell would they call? :confused: It's always our fault, hm? Yeahright.... :rollno: ....let's see.....tsunamis hit Hawaii in the 40's, we build a network to warn us of future ones, and show the world how to do it...no one in the Indian Ocean basin follows our lead and builds their own network - which by the way is inexpensive - they don't get warned in time....it's our fault...

WERE WE SUPPOSED TO DO IT FOR YOU? GROW THE @#$^ UP AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN INACTION!

Hell, it's right there in the story, the Thai meterologists KNEW what was coming, but were AFRAID to do or say anything for POLITICAL reasons. Then this yutz has the nuts to point at us and say "it's your fault!". No, it's YOUR fault for not doing anything to prepare for something that you KNEW would happen eventually.

This is a horrible tragedy, and by no means am I saying that those directly affected are responsible for their fate. But, neither is the United States of America responsible. The govenrments of the respective affected areas are responsible, and as usual, they point their fingers, like the little kid blaming the other kid for the broken cookie jar. If they had asked for assistance in building such a network, do you really believe that the US would have not helped? They didn't ask, they did nothing, and now they want to blame us.

12. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I'm off-white. Thats a white boy with some rhythm. :p

After this thing hit, its pretty much common sense that they shouldve known it was a good possability that it was going to hit them too, also 1 hour wouldnt be enough time for us to make the call and them do what needs to be done anyway.