1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

One Last Avalon U5 question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Warr Tapper, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Warr Tapper

Warr Tapper Inactive

Sep 17, 2006
    Work
    What would be a "better" setup? I use a PodXt Pro (mainly for FX), into a QSC1602. Would the Avalon be better after or before the POD, or will it even matter?

Instrument-U5-POD-QSC
    or
    Instrument-POD-U5-QSC

2. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    If you have a PodXT Pro I don't know why you'd even bother with an Avalon U5, one seems to defeat the other.

Alex

3. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    Well the avalon might help you achieve a better noise floor. My suggestion is to use the avalon after the pod before the amp, set the output of the pod to be as quiet as possible and use the gain on the avalon to get the volume.

4. Warr Tapper

Warr Tapper Inactive

Sep 17, 2006
    Work
    I found that the Pod by itself gives an anemic level to the amp. I had an SVP Pro, which boosted it perfectly, but I wasn't crazy about the Ampeg sound. The Pod I only use for FX

5. I would recommend the U5 before the Pod, send the clean signal of your bass to the FOH from the U5 and then just use the pod for your onstage sound, otherwise the pod will rob you of the sound enhancement you'll get from the U5 before it even gets there...

IMO that is...

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021