One last group photo before breaking up the band...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SlowpokeJoe, Sep 19, 2021.

1. SlowpokeJoe

SlowpokeJoe Supporting Member

I just sold my fretted Tony Franklin Precision here in the the TB Classifieds, so I wanted to take one last group photo before I broke up my little Fender Signature family:

MIJ Geddy Lee, MIA Jaco Fretless, Roscoe Beck IV and Tony Franklin Fretted.

I'm both sad to let go of a great and rare bass, but happy to score a small win against my hoarder-grade GAS.

IMG_8013.jpg

2. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    Feeling any uncontrollable urges to unload that Roscoe Beck? :D

The timing isn't right for me anyway, but I've wanted one of those since they were released.

Aqualung60 and SlowpokeJoe like this.
  3. jd56hawk

jd56hawk Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Not for nothing, but why get rid of that before any of the others?

4. SlowpokeJoe

Nothing was particularly "wrong" with the TF other than it's in near mint shape, so I ended up using the Geddy more often if any kind of physical risk was possible, and I prefer my Yamaha BB2000 for modern-ish P-like tones or my BB1200 for vintage tones.

I have recently picked up a number of basses including a Serek Midwestern 2, a Sadowsky Metro RV4 and a Nordy Acinonyx, so I had to make a "noble sacrifice" to convince myself I'm not a hoarder...

I can't say that I will resist the temptation to pick up another one if it pops up again at a decent price, but I'll likely not run across another one any time soon.

hieronymous, mikewalker and jd56hawk like this.
  5. SlowpokeJoe

The Roscoe Beck in on my very short "Bury it with me" list ;)

6. jd56hawk

jd56hawk Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Well, someone got lucky!

SlowpokeJoe likes this.
  7. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    Can't say I blame you.

SlowpokeJoe likes this.
  8. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Nice bass. But now you can spend the money on another one.
    Like when I sell pedals to downsize my collection, I always end up getting more pedals than I sell so...
    do that.

What a great family photo.

9. I've given up and admitted to myself that I am a hoarder; there I said it and I'm NOT SORRY!!

Thump on,

One_Dude

10. SlowpokeJoe

Meanwhile I have this other bass family that is slowly growing...

BB Family.jpg

11. SlowpokeJoe

Yeah, about hoarding pedals, that’s a thing that working from home and the whole quarantine thing really didn’t help with…

Killing Floor and Edgar like this.
  12. iiipopes

iiipopes Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Reminds me of...

s-l1600.jpg

bobyoung53 and SlowpokeJoe like this.
  13. Nice window and floor by the way ..

14. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    Now you're just showing off!:roflmao:

Yamaha BB's are probably my favorite bass that I've never owned. Maybe someday, although I'm not exactly hard up when it comes to having basses to choose from.

SlowpokeJoe likes this.
  15. SlowpokeJoe

MIJ neck-through BB's are my favorites! I really lucked into the BB3000S, I bought it for a song from a friend who was the original owner and just happened to ask if I was on the market for an "old bass"! I also got lucky with the BB1200 spotting it hanging on the Used rack at a GC back in the days when that was a thing that could happen.

The BB2000 was one that took ages and ages of persistence to finally get, after many many years of looking for one at a sane price. The BB1000S fretless is the latest, I picked it up from Facebook from someone who turned out to be a long time TB'er. That BB1000S is an absolutely mint time capsule. Someday I'll stumble across a BB2000S and a BB1200S and complete the set :)

wvbass likes this.
  16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 28, 2021