Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

One last stinkin' AI question!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MikeBass, Mar 17, 2004.

1. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Ok, So I have a Clarus 1 down in my studio right now, and was doing the A/B thing next to my SM900 (I know...don't say it, I know they are different like apples and oranges) to compare how the tone is.
    It sounds great but, those of you that do use it, have you ever pushed it hard and how does it hold up??

Not like I play in a thrash metal band, but some gigs I do get kinda loud (funk, R&B, blues).

My current set up is a SM900 and a pair of Aguilar GS 112's. Lotsa good clean headroom is not an issue.

The 112's may go away for a Epifani 310 UL, still thinking about that.

2. MikeBass

If you are going to push it hard the first thing I would say is that you need to run it at 2 Ohms to get the full 300 watts.

I pushed mine hard for the first time the other night and the sound was excellent. It held up all night - I was house bass for a number of acts that evening so I was on for about two and a half hours solid.

Not a squeak or complaint from the clarus at all, and do you know what the best bit was, packing up at the end and slinging the amp in its gig bag over my shoulder - all 5lbs or it - and walking to the car without any of the normal post gig struggle with heavy gear! :hyper:

Regards

Matthew