one last svp pro question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thetaurus, Sep 26, 2002.

1. thetaurus

May 28, 2002
    Muncy, PA
    i can more easily afford a used svp. so my question is...are there any differences between the older model (red and blue svp writing), and the newest ones, other than cosmetic? any problems with the older ones that ampeg recently fixed? tube setup is the same? is it just cosmetic? let me know...thanks.

also...if you were buying a used one, would it bother you if the seller wasn't the original owner?
  2. tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    It depends on a couple of things.
    How old is it?
    How many previous owners?
    Does the current owner have the original sales receipt? Ampeg's 5 year warranty is transferable as long as you have the original receipt.

Sorry I can't help you with the other question.
  3. rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    No, the difference is only cosmetic. I like the earlier style, but would buy either one in a heartbeat. Extremely versatile preamp with all of the features you could hope for. For what they are going for used, it's a no-brainer.

4. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    I think they also may have refined the DI somewhat when the graphics were updated from red/blue to black/white. I've never used the DI on mine, and therefore cannot comment on the sound quality. As a preamp however, I like it a lot.