Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

One little victory.. over a dog owner

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tsal, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I just have to post this as an example on great neighbour relations, this is what happened to me today.

I was on my way home from a student meeting this afternoon, and my mom and pops decided to come visit. Now, we live in two rooms and a small kitchen -type of student apartments set in small one-floor buildings surrounding a inner courtyard if you like, where there's grass and some bushes in the center.

So, I was carrying heavy bags of groceries my parents bought me and while cutting across the grass failed to notice a doggie-doo on which I naturally first stepped on, then proceeded to march right in the kitchen to drop off the bags. Hey, where did that mud come from.. oh no.. Add some F-words here.

Well, nothing to do but clean up. I pulled out some dishwash and the carpets look decent again, but I didn't feel like scraping the turd off my shoe, so I deposited the shoe on the front porch and forgot about it. Couple hours later, I head enthusiastic barking of a dog and headed out to the door, just to see my girl next door emerging from her flat with his young labbie. The exchange of words follows:

-(me mustering my friendliest, cheeriest expression) "Hey there! Nice doggie, you've been taking it out 'round here?"
    -"Sorry?"
    -"Taking your doggie out around the yard?"
    -"Yeah, but I've been trying to clean 'em.."
    -(with the happiest voice you've ever heard, she probably thought I enjoy smoking the stuff or something)"Yup, I have couple of carpets covered in dog **** here!"
    -"Couple of carpets?"
    -"Mm-hmm! Well, those I can take care of myself, but would you clean this shoe up for me?"
    -"Oh! Well.. I guess. Of course."
    -"Right, well no worries, just return it here when you're done, m'kay?"
    -"Yeah, ok, no problem."

So, I hope rubbing the stuff off my shoe will teach her something about how to properly clean up after her beast - the most elegant part being that I didn't even have to bitch about taking the dog out on my lawn! Success! :smug:

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    She missed a poop, calm down, and she seemed sorry and willing to make amends. You should let it go. Have you ever owned a dog? They can sneak one out when your not looking. It is possible to think you've gotten them all and find out you missed one. OTOH, I guess it is really frustrating to step in crap.

:meh: :meh:

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Dogs are perfectly able to learn not to poop in other people's yards. A responsible owner tries to teach its dog just that.

4. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Like I said before, accidents do happen. Dogs are not infallible.

5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    really really frustrating.

6. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Dogs are not infallible - well, neither are people. The next "victim" could approach the owner with a knife instead of a cheerful voice. Something that's especially likely to happen in Finland. ;)

7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Just be happy you weren't barefooted!!!

:spit:

;)

8. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    just be happy it wasn't one of my Rottie's turds - he crapped out a whole cat the other day

9. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    ^hah

Well, if someone were to come after my dog with a knife I'd have to return the favor. The movie SAW comes to mind in the actions I would take.

10. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Naw, we don't usually like to carry anything 'longer than hand' around. Although, would it had been some attractive swedish girlie, I would had taken her on my lap and given her good spanking :p

11. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    +1

If you can teach a dog not to poop in your house, you can do the same elsewhere. Plus if your dog is on a leash, you'll know when it's taking a poop.

It's bad enough to clean out my dogs' poop in my backyard, I don't need to clean up others' in my front yard.

12. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Dude, you made her clean your shoe, what the hell.

13. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Yeah, and you know she would have liked it! Those crazy Swedish nymphos. ;)

Stereotypes, bah. :spit:

14. [Drunk] Wash joo talkin' 'bout...? [/Drunk]

15. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    What should of happened.
    :)

16. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    like I said, dogs make mistakes. You sure can teach them, but will they screw up? Sure. should you be a dick about it? Probably not.

Are there that many lunatics in Finland?:p

17. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    That Nino, always thinking.

18. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    So, Nino, is that how you hooked Mrs. Nino????

;)

...you smooth dawg you...

19. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    I've been there. Trust me, it's no fun...